Spasticity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spasticity

Yesterday I did more than normal, but my house was driving me crazy. I dusted and vacuumed and did a couple loads of laundry. Also unloaded and loaded the dishwasher. Does not sound like a lot to do In a day, but with what I am normally able to do it was huge!

So my question- I woke up this morning, tired and stiff and in a lot of pain. If I try and work through it, does spasticity get better and you are able to do more and more in time OR will I do more harm than good and I will keep getting stiffer and have more pain. I have already had days I could not move my legs at all for hours and when I finally could it hurt....a lot.

Spasticity gets better when you stretch. There are also medications you can take to help you with spasticity.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...dK1_ppxY3kRomw

Most of us go to a PT to relieve symptoms of spasticity, but once you have gone for a period of time you know pretty much what to do to relieve the pain and tightness. For you it may be a good idea to get a prescription from your doc for some PT.

Best of luck.
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Lisa

thank you, great thread!

Comment

Working...
      X