Ms or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ms or not?

About a month ago I had some left shoulder pain which ended up being tendonitis. I've had some back pain a little of and on for a few years. While going to physical therapy for my shoulder the therapist did some muscle work on my neck and shoulder. I then started noticing tingling/ pins and needles in my heels. After one particular visit I had tingling all over. Heels,arms, legs, face, belly and head. That was gone the next week.

I have had anxiety for about a year. I have an occasional tingle on the tip of my nose and sometimes my cheek which goes away when I touch it. Mostly left side. I also have an electrical like tingle that travels my body and i feel unbalanced/dizzy occasionally.

Yesterday was weird, my top two front teeth felt weird and then later my cheek, lip and by my ear and eye went numb/ tingly for about a half hour. The night before I did some shoulder stretching which I hadn't done before. I think I've noticed that when my back hurts that my heels tingle. But I'm unsure about my face. I've had an occasional nose or cheek tingle over the past year.

I wondered if the face issue could be a nerve or disc issue. Some sites say yes and some including my pt therapist say no. All of my weird symptoms could be anxiety but can some be ms? Do symptoms come and go daily or hourly? I've not been diagnosed or even talked to my Dr about ms yet.

** Moderator's note - Post broken into paragraphs for easier reading. Many people with MS have visual difficulties that prevent them from reading large blocks of print. **

Hi Kassi and welcome to MSWorld,

You should discuss all of what you have written with your Physician.

Unprofessionally, I suspect a back problem. A diagnosis of MS is one of exclusion. There are other conditions, some medications, vitamin/mineral deficiencies and mental health issues that can cause the same type of symptoms seen in MS.

Best wishes on your diagnostic journey.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
    X