Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning sensation in finger

Good Afternoon All~
    I have a new symptom to add to my list&although a small&seems minimal to even ask about,however here it is.
    i have a small patch on the inside of my baby finger that burns so bad~it literally feels as if I stuck my finger on the side of a very hot pan.

Anyone else experience this? I have multiple other paresthesia symptoms...I'm sure this is in same pile,but it is concerning.

Thankyou in advance for your reply
    Candice
    candice

Hi Candice,

I'm sorry about your finger. Burning is also a dysesthesia. http://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sym...-Symptoms/Pain. I have it, too. It started in my feet and now is in multiple places. Lately, it's gotten pretty bad. Hoping yours stays confined to that small patch, but know it's still painful wherever it is is.

This newest symptom should be noted in your chart, so talk to your neuro about it. There are medications that can help this type of pain - they include Gabapentin, Lyrica, and tricylic antidepressants (such as Doxepin).

Hope your little finger finds relief.
    Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

call your neurologist and let them know. At lease (as Kimba said) and will be added to your chart.
      I have this problem also,, but I have it in my calves and the doctor did prescribe me Lyrica.
      I wish you luck because as it sounds, yours was like mine, very painful.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Burning Sensation

Originally posted by hunterd View Post
        call your neurologist and let them know. At lease (as Kimba said) and will be added to your chart.
        I have this problem also,, but I have it in my calves and the doctor did prescribe me Lyrica.
        I wish you luck because as it sounds, yours was like mine, very painful.
        Thanks so much Huntered &Kimba for your replies,sorry I was late thanking you both for your informative info...The finger burning has subsided and know is located itself on the back of my left knee~MAN IT HURTS!!! But I will notify Doc of this new spot as well.
        thanks Again
        Candice
        candice

Comment

Working...
        X