Feet very sensitive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feet very sensitive

I have been diagnosed with MS for about 8 years now. For the past six months the bottom of my heels and top of my toes have been very sensitive to the touch. They ache constantly, feeling like someone scraped them with sand paper. I can't stand for my socks or even my bed cover to touch them. Wearing shoes is simply out of the question. Does anyone else out there have this same problem? I go back to my neurologist next month but wanted to see if there was anyone else out there with the same issue and if there are then what might give my poor feet some relief.
    Kim,
    Dx 6/23/08 Avonex 7/08 - 11/11
    Gilenya 02/12 - present

Hi GA_Girl,

In the last 6 months have you had any symptoms other than your feet being sensitive? Is it possible you have been in an exacerbation?

I have had problems with my feet being very sensitive since my second exacerbation in 1986 and made worse by the exacerbation in 1994. My children learned from a very early age to not touch Mommies feet. The feeling in my feet is not right. I have a hard time wearing shoes (it's not the shoes, I have tried so many different styles and brands through the years).

During an exacerbation my feet would swell and be red. It was painful to have anything touch my, putting socks and shoes on would bring me to tears, a light touch would bring me to tears, same with blankets and sheets. Unfortunately, I was left with permanent nerve damage

If you feel you should see your Neurologist before your scheduled appointment please call the office to see if you can get an earlier appointment.

Take care
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Bilateral burning pain in the feet is usually due to peripheral neuropathy, which can have many causes from diabetes and alcoholism to medications side effects or idiopathic (unknown cause). In peripheral neuropathy the painful area tends to extend into stockings and gloves pattern (up to the knees and later in the hands).

Another type of burning feet is erythromelalgia, which occurs in certain cancers.

Comment

Working...
      X