Where did my legs go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did my legs go?

Hey there! Last night I went to the bathroom, and as I was trying to get off the commode, I realized I couldn't feel my legs. I could feel my hips and my ankle bones, but that was all.

I was in the small half bath, so I could reach the sink. I grabbed the sink bowl and tried to pull myself up, but I couldn't feel whether or not I was going to land on my feet. I sat there and began massaging my legs.

I'm not sure how long it took, but eventually, I got to where I could feel my legs. They were so numb. I am not sure what happened. It felt like I was trying to stand on air.

Do you all believe this was just sporadic? Should I be concerned? I am fine now. There is some numbness now, but it cannot compare to what I felt last night.
    Melissa--Betaseron 2007-2010; Novantrone 2008; Tysabri 2010-2012; Rituxan 2012; Tecfidera 2015; Currently-No DMD

Healer is my GOD!

hi

Thats how it started for me iv not had feeling in my legs since June. You may need to speak with your Dr.

Comment

Hi Tired Teacher,

Has it happened again since July? I've been getting this kind of overall numbness more and more especially in my legs, and it is lasting longer and longer. I'm resigned to it eventually not going away.

I've been using my rollator all of the time, and taking it into the bathroom with me too. It helps me stand up and balance myself.. we are (eventually) going to remodel the bathroom with more grab bars, handicapped toilet, etc, but until then I'm trying to learn, I gotta learn to make do.
      Karen

Comment

This is why I wear shoes from the moment I get out of bed until the moment I get back in, plus my brief, dreaded shower.

I can feel the ground beneath my feet, but can't do much about navigating the terrain. I need my walker so I can drag my feet along.

Once I get going it is not so bad.

The numbness is not skin deep - I can certainly feel injections. It feels like it is wrapped round my muscles and bones somehow.
        It is worse some days than others.

Good luck.

Comment

When that happened to me I found out I was in a major flare. If the docs will do an MRI and give you some steroids it might help bring your legs back.

Comment

Working...
          X