Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

has anyone experienced these ISSUES......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has anyone experienced these ISSUES......

I don't know yet what is causing numerous brain lesions but I was wondering if anyone has experienced the following:

One day I can't remember the name of the school my son attends but maybe the next day I can.

Highlight of my vacation, can't remember the show / performer we went to see.

Forget the name of the street behind my house when someone asks me but maybe the next day I can.

Went to see a movie two weeks later, no recollection of movie.

Sometimes I feel so stupid due to the above issues and it is so frustrating.

So does anyone forget something but another time have no problem remembering it ???

Geez.... I had so many things I wanted to list and now I can't remember them.

This happens when I'm fatigued or plain old sleepy (non MS related). I also ask the same question 3 or 4 times (such as what time everyone needs dinner). Good thing my husband is patient and a good sport. I feel like I should keep notes after the first question.
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Oh yes. I keep notepads and pens all over the house so I can write things down that I want to remember. Yes, it is very frustrating for me and my dh. He is always saying "don't you remember me telling you", no.
      God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi jskmssss and others! Many people with MS have cognitive problems, me included. I too keep lots of notes and have 3 calendars that I mark for important information. In large gatherings, I'm more hesitant to speak as my thought processes are too slow to follow along in conversations. This makes me sad at times....

I found these two videos from the NMSS that explain the different cognitive problems and strategies to deal with it. They are about 15-20 minutes long with both PhD's and MS patients talking about what we face. It's called "Hold that thought"

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvsR...ature=youtu.be
        Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L02X...ature=youtu.be

Hope you and others gain some useful info here and feel that you're not alone!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by jskmssss View Post
          I don't know yet what is causing numerous brain lesions but I was wondering if anyone has experienced the following:

One day I can't remember the name of the school my son attends but maybe the next day I can.

Highlight of my vacation, can't remember the show / performer we went to see.

Forget the name of the street behind my house when someone asks me but maybe the next day I can.

Went to see a movie two weeks later, no recollection of movie.

Sometimes I feel so stupid due to the above issues and it is so frustrating.

So does anyone forget something but another time have no problem remembering it ???

Geez.... I had so many things I wanted to list and now I can't remember them.

Yes i experience alot of the same things you are going through. Example i went into a store one day to pay the clerk after i was done shopping , i give her the money and she gave me back my change but i didnt remember how much i give her so i asked her where the rest of the change was she got snotty and said you only give me the right amount.

Another example i went to a store getting groceries had my list right in my hand because i too have to write every thing down several times to remember but at times i still dont remember, but anyways i forgot what i was going into the store for with my list in my hands. Then i forgot where i put my list and then realized duh... its in my hand.

So yes there are quite a few different types of cognitive issues ms patients encounter and i have some sort of issue on a daily basis , so all i can say is try to take one day at a time .

Comment

daraslyte reminded me of another example with the grocery store related stories... don't know HOW I forgot this one!

Over the past 9 years with MS I lost count of the number of times I've pulled the grocery list from my purse or pocket and RE-BOUGHT THE ENTIRE LIST!!! Not realizing until I start putting stuff away that I shopped from last week's list!!!

We have 6 kids (4 still live at home) so we always needed tons of groceries. 4 of the 6 are boys, they play every sport known to man. Also, we are "that family" who always had a slew of kids who aren't even ours to feed, put up for the night, etc. so we always need lots of groceries. It was easy to re-buy stuff as we ran out of things quickly.

Best part is I don't drive anymore so my hubby does the shopping with me, he doesn't have MS and never clued in to my multiple purchases!

Jen
            RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
            "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Seasha

Thanks so much for the information and videos. I feel like I just hit the jackpot. I am always researching and trying to find answers to my questions. I will be thrilled to be able to watch all the great videos.

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              Hi jskmssss and others! Many people with MS have cognitive problems, me included. I too keep lots of notes and have 3 calendars that I mark for important information. In large gatherings, I'm more hesitant to speak as my thought processes are too slow to follow along in conversations. This makes me sad at times....

I found these two videos from the NMSS that explain the different cognitive problems and strategies to deal with it. They are about 15-20 minutes long with both PhD's and MS patients talking about what we face. It's called "Hold that thought"

Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvsR...ature=youtu.be
              Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L02X...ature=youtu.be

Hope you and others gain some useful info here and feel that you're not alone!

Comment

Catmom, Daraslyte 7 Reg53

Thanks so much for all your helpful information and responses. Sometimes when I have all
                these issues with memory, I wonder if it could be early onset Alzheimer's Disease. I am glad
                to read that other people are experiencing the same issues.

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
                Oh yes. I keep notepads and pens all over the house so I can write things down that I want to remember. Yes, it is very frustrating for me and my dh. He is always saying "don't you remember me telling you", no.

Comment

I can relate!

In reading this it sounds like me. I forgot my kids names and they caught onto it, it has become a joke and that's how we treat some of my memory issues.

I was talking to someone and forgot their name while I was talking. I've known this person for 8 years. My daughter was right there and rescued me.

I've argued with hubby and kids about the dishwasher being clean or dirty. They were right. I forgot that I hadn't finished loading it.

This is actually seems to be getting worse than anything else, except the spiders crawling on my leg. I sent my husband all over the house looking for something and when he finally found it, he shook his head and said "I don't know what I'm going to do if your memory gets worse."

So so glad there is a medical reason and it's not just in my head.

Comment

Working...
                  X