Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been thinking about suicide alot!

Is this normal?

No. Although it may not be unusual given whatever your circumstances are, it is not "normal" in terms of your health and safety.

Thank you so much for reaching out to someone.

Please either:
    • contact a local mental health facility, or
    • contact a Suicide Hotline
    to receive assistance from someone qualified to help you with your thoughts and feelings.

Suicide Hotlines:
    http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html
    1-800-SUICIDE
    1-800-273-TALK
    1-800-784-2433
    1-800-273-8255

I said a prayer for you.

~ Faith
    Moderation Team
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi mbnupe1,

Are you simply thinking about suicide as a "topic" or are you thinking about it because you are suicidal?

Thoughts of killing yourself or doing any self-harm should be discussed with your Doctor (PCP, neuro, mental health professional) as soon as possible.

Suicide or thoughts of suicide can have different underlying causes but regardless of why a person is suicidal treatment is the same (medications and Psychotherapy).

Some medications list suicidal thoughts as a side effect. When medication induced it is possible to feel suicidal without feeling depressed.

Please let us know how you are doing and seek help ASAP
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Suicide

Well, I don't think about doing it, but can see why people think about it 2nd to my frustration with my disease!!!! Without my faith I don't think I would make it. If u r really thinking about it please seek help!! We all understand and ur not alone

Comment

It's certainly crossed my mind a few times... but I'd never do it. It's worst in the morning - I'll wake up and just wish I was dead. But then I'm not even 2 months out from being diagnosed so I'm depressed and angry and all the other fun emotions that comes with the diagnosis.

Don't do it. Things will get better.
          No sir, I don't like it.
          Diagnosed August 30, 2013.

Comment

YOU MAY NOT BELIEVE ME - I FEEL GOOD...

SOMETIMES EVEN BETTER THAN BEFORE 2010, the year I was diagn. with MS, recurrent-remissive form.
            My treatment is Copaxone. I fell no pain and I'm doing sport - much more than before(swiming, running, cycling, hiking,etc.).
            I want to transmit a GOOD RAY of HOPE*!
            Enjoy this sunny day!!

Comment

mbnupe1, are you on medications? suicidal thoughts can be effects of our depression from our conditions, and also side effect of the various medications that we take.

Please call your doctor, any one of your doctors, and tell them you are having thoughts of suicide, what should you do.

Anytime we are thinking about how exactly we would do it, it has gone too far. Don't judge or analyze, treat it like you would treat a tumor. Call a doctor and take steps to "have it removed" Even if you think it can't be that serious, it can grow to beyond your control
              Jam
              DX'd MS 8/17/05
              God never closes a door without at least cracking open a window.

Comment

Please talk to your do for or call the suicide hotline if you cannot stop thinking like this. Depression is more common in MS than in any other disease. Even cancer and ALS!

A little over a year after being diagnosed, I had to stop working and that was the thing that put me over the edge from depressed to wanting to be dead. I just didn't want to live anymore, but I knew I couldn't leave my daughter like that.

I also knew a woman who once felt the same way about her daughter until the day the scales tipped and she shot herself.

This is nothing to ignore. Please reach out and know you are not alone and please let is know how you are!
                Melissa Goerke
                [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Comment

mbnupe- I know that depression is a pretty common symptom in people with MS but suicidal thoughts are not to be taken lightly. Please call one of the numbers that mamabug listed or at the very least call your primary care doctor or another health care professional.

I am so sorry that you are feeling so down. Please let us know how you are doing.

Comment

I think about it every time I can't walk which is too often. I've been depressed but never like this. My kids are all grown; I don't want them to have to take care of me EVER.

My husband it living his life normally, he works and fishes. The depression is the worst at the end of the day when I'm the most tired. But honestly I'm never going to walk again normally am I?

I will not live my life dependent on others. NO way, NO how.

Comment

Please either:
                      contact a local mental health facility, or
                      contact a Suicide Hotline
                      to receive assistance from someone qualified to help you with your thoughts and feelings.

Suicide Hotlines:
                      http://suicidehotlines.com/national.html
                      1-800-SUICIDE
                      1-800-273-TALK
                      1-800-784-2433
                      1-800-273-8255
                      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                      volunteer
                      MS World
                      hunterd@msworld.org
                      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I think we have the right to choose to die if we are suffering. But please give it a really long and hard thought before you decide! We all want to save people who contemplate suicide but, it is not our life. We are not in their shoes. I have had a total of 4 friends complete suicide. Yes, it is painful to lose such wonderful people but I know they are no longer suffering from pain of their diseases. Washington State has a Death with Dignity Act. Read about it and see if you agree or fit with any of the initiatives. Most likely you will find that you do not because MS is not terminal. But it may give you insight.

Comment

I think milehighmimi has nailed the problem. You're quite right, in all honesty you're probably never going to walk normally again, and neither am I.
                          And this is hard to take, because there are years and years and years of this ahead.

I have no intention of ending it all yet, and I don't want to die, but sometimes I'd just rather not have to live with this.

Yes, it is depression, but you're a better man than I am, if having a slowly, inexorably, disabling disease isn't a pretty good reason to feel depressed.

It's something you can find a way to deal with, but it's not a good thing, whichever way you play it.

No-one ever says, "Oh, you're so lucky, you've got MS, isn't that great?"
                          Mind you, it's not the worst thing that can happen.

I never let myself think about it too much. I'll allow myself a minute or two of misery sometimes.

Do find a counsellor who deals with people with chronic health problems. Talking to someone can make a big difference.

Please ring one of those numbers above, if it gets too much.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighmimi View Post
                            I think about it every time I can't walk which is too often. I've been depressed but never like this. My kids are all grown; I don't want them to have to take care of me EVER.

My husband it living his life normally, he works and fishes. The depression is the worst at the end of the day when I'm the most tired. But honestly I'm never going to walk again normally am I?

I will not live my life dependent on others. NO way, NO how.
                            Ppht. Are you kidding? Not to be flippant about your take on things, but I intend to be a drain on society. Do not resuscitate? Heck with that, where do I sign up? Hook me up, Doc, I wanna cost the government every single dime they've leeched off of me over the years. Have my kids take care of me? Why not? I took care of them. They should be so honored, lol. I took care of my Dad and I considered it a privilege to do so; it gave me more time with him I wouldn't give back for a million bucks.

It's all in the mindset, Mimi. Chill out and don't be so hard on yourself. Nobody's perfect, they weren't meant to be, and if you have to swallow a little pride, sounds like you won't miss it.

Comment

Working...
                            X