No announcement yet.

Roller coaster emotions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, Yes, YES!!!!!!! Oh my GOSH!!! I am so happy to see this post!! For about 1-2 weeks I have having INSANE moodswings, exactly as you describe, with calm-type highs as well.

Every single person I talked to told me I was probably bipolar. I grew up with a bipolar mother - I KNOW MANIA. This was not mania.

First they thought it was a Tysabri side effect, even though I've had 14 doses now. I monitored my mood every single day after my last infusion and have been absolutely fine.

I was having a flare up of other issues around that same time, I do FIRMLY believe that that 1-2 weeks of rapid moodswings WERE MS. I'm a psych major, I have a DSM, I do NOT MEET CRITERIA FOR BIPOLAR, or any other mental disorder aside from my the Major Depressive Disorder that has been well treated for the past 15 years.

I DO think it can be MS caused. I get so irritated when people jumped to the "bipolar" issue when I expressed concern.

And ironically, I have had 0 mood episodes since my last Ty infusion, AND a recent IVSM infusion.

It doesn't hurt to reach out to a physician, ESPECIALLY if it's affecting your day to day life. Mine wasn't. I was able to see myself swinging and think "WTF??? I have no reason to feel like this" and go on my way. But a psychiatrist will easily be able to rule out a psychiactric disorder, and it wouldn't hurt to get a clear bill of health from a psychiatrist to show your neuro if you are concerned.

Thankfully mine went away and I have been super stable for an entire month now.

It's scary to feel yourself cycling from mad, to sad, to aggrivated, to agressive, to a drug-like high, to panic, etc.
    Diagnosed Aug. 2011 - Currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hear u

Hear u guys!!!! But Effexor is working for me and Ativan prn if needed

Drugs but only one I take other than tec and for MS and overweight just Effexor and tec woo hoo!!! My faith holds me in with laughter---/ it's life on this sideof eternity

Comment

Relief

I am so glad I saw this post because I too am riding a roller-coaster of emotions. On really bad days anything will set me off crying and just feeling so heavy with all my woes. I was not convinced I needed antidepressants because I would never stay that low for more than 24hrs. The realisation that MS can be causing the fluctuating moods makes so much sense and I'm glad I can say that it is not clinical depression.

I've only had MS for 20months and I still have so much to learn about this menace.

Comment

PBA and Nuedexta

I don't have time for much of a post as I'm heading to my doctors to discuss this very subject.
          My symptoms are only in the range of crying, for everything. At silly things, sobbing when I see someone that I am happy to see, at gatherings, at other inappropriate times. This has been going on steadily for several months after I was taken off Amitryptyline. I am also on Citopalapram.

Obviously I know that I am suffering from PBA, and am going to speak with my doctor about going on Nuedexta, the only FDA approved drug to treat PBA.

I just wanted to post that there is something out there to help with PBA now. I will let you know what my doc thinks.
          Diagnosed RRMS October 2007 Diagnosed SPMS April 2010
          On Avonex 1 1/2yrs and now Betaseron since April 2010...

Comment

Working...
          X