Electric body suit helps MS peeps walk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Electric body suit helps MS peeps walk

A life-altering high-tech body suit helped a woman with multiple sclerosis walk with ease. Earlier this year, a YouTube video released by Ottobock Professionals — a German company that develops medical technology products and treatment concepts for people with limited mobility in the fields of prosthetics, orthotics, and human mobility — revealed the wonders of the Exopulse Mollii suit worn by Louisa, who was suffering from multiple sclerosis -related spasticities. ​

The suit comprises 58 electrodes that send mild electrical stimulation to 40 key muscle groups. It is designed to relax spastic muscles using neurostimulation. "When you turn a suit on, you activate a lot of electrodes on the inside of a suit to reach muscles that the brain cannot reach. Through brain injury, some muscles are beyond the reach of the brain, and the suit replaces the signal that the brain cannot produce anymore," Fredrick Lundqvist, chiropractor and inventor of the Exopulse Mollii Suit, told BBC News.

According to Ottobock, the suit is designed to be worn just an hour every other day and provides an easy, on-demand way to restore mobility and relieve spasticity-related pain.

https://interestingengineering.com/i...cerebral-palsy

Originally posted by Marco View Post
    A life-altering high-tech body suit helped a woman with multiple sclerosis walk with ease. Earlier this year, a YouTube video released by Ottobock Professionals — a German company that develops medical technology products and treatment concepts for people with limited mobility in the fields of prosthetics, orthotics, and human mobility — revealed the wonders of the Exopulse Mollii suit worn by Louisa, who was suffering from multiple sclerosis -related spasticities. ​

The suit comprises 58 electrodes that send mild electrical stimulation to 40 key muscle groups. It is designed to relax spastic muscles using neurostimulation. "When you turn a suit on, you activate a lot of electrodes on the inside of a suit to reach muscles that the brain cannot reach. Through brain injury, some muscles are beyond the reach of the brain, and the suit replaces the signal that the brain cannot produce anymore," Fredrick Lundqvist, chiropractor and inventor of the Exopulse Mollii Suit, told BBC News.

According to Ottobock, the suit is designed to be worn just an hour every other day and provides an easy, on-demand way to restore mobility and relieve spasticity-related pain.

Marco!

This follow-up to the neuro leg sleeve a few months ago is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Please keep us all in the loop. This article also re enforces many long held thoughts on establishing new neurological pathways. The before / after video is priceless.

Thanks very much, Jer

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Marco!

This follow-up to the neuro leg sleeve a few months ago is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Please keep us all in the loop. This article also re enforces many long held thoughts on establishing new neurological pathways. The before / after video is priceless.

Thanks very much, Jer

Jer,
      Thank you for your timely message.

Recently, I have considered stopping posting here. I have been demoralized after making a number of posts and getting almost no feedback.

For many years I felt like I was a contributing member here, but I no longer feel that way. I now have increased cognitive, physical and emotional challenges versus earlier times here at MSWorld.

I still try to give what I can, where I can, how I can and when I can. Lately I have been asking myself, “what’s the point?”

I'm not looking for accolades or attention, but some amazing developments are going on and there's virtually no response.

Every week there are multiple advancements that get me excited or bolster my hope. I share some of them here and quite often there's virtually no reaction.

So THANK YOU, for your response. It means more than I can express.

As usual, I wish you well…

Comment

Hey Marco

Your posts are greatly appreciated, with or without feedback, so thanks again.

Regarding this bodysuit article, if the before and after video is for real, then this body suit is truly miraculous!

And if the $6000 cost is a one-time payment (and not a monthly rental or something like that) then that would be super.

High end power wheelchairs (with lots of features) can be two, or even three times, this amount.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Every week there are multiple advancements that get me excited or bolster my hope. I share some of them here and quite often there's virtually no reaction.

So THANK YOU, for your response. It means more than I can express.

As usual, I wish you well…

Hi Marco,

There are times I think I am part of the problem. I read some reports as to DMTs or related MS research and my cynicism comes alive. For me, avoiding a response to a potentially hope filled post in a negative way is the best response.

And when I do post as a Goalposter. I contribute what I can about something my MS has allowed me to pass on, something beneficial!

There's virtually no reaction, only KoKo & Faith respond.

For me posting weekly is a release. Assembling my thoughts, recognizing that decline continues but I did what I find necessary to do. Doing the responsible thing is what is expected.

Forgive those new to MS or the vets who are tired of the long wait.

Please Marco, for everyones sake, get excited, exhibit hope, share whatever you discover. I know I am not the only one paying attention.

Jer

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

Hi Marco,

Please Marco, for everyones sake, get excited, exhibit hope, share whatever you discover. I know I am not the only one paying attention.

J
            Absolutely, Marco! Your posts are timely and so informative. If few respond, know that many are reading! And getting the information and latest developments out is what is truly important.

Thanks for all you do
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hey Marco!, just an update....

I'm on a list after having submitted a script from my doc to evaluate the suit. Heard the other day from the US Ottobock distributor that the suit release in USA will not be this year. Don't shoot the messenger.

Comment

Working...
              X