Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just under the skin tremors

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Just under the skin tremors

    In the last few months I have been noticing more and more tremors under my skin. Sometimes in specific areas of my torso or limbs. But mostly a full body felling of buzzing tremors. Does anyone have an idea of what can be done to reduce or stop them??

    #2
    Hi Tracy McK.

    I'm not exactly sure what you are experiencing, tremors and buzzing are very different from each other.

    Tremors is uncontrollable shaking. This link will explain the different type of tremors and possible treatments:
    https://www.nationalmssociety.org/Sy...ymptoms/Tremor

    Buzzing/vibrations is a sensation much like a cell phone on vibrate. It's simply an abnormal sensation that is perfectly normal when having MS. It's not a symptom that is treatable but it can come and go. It s possible to ignore abnormal sensations such as vibrations/buzzing, but they can be annoying.
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

    Comment


      #3
      Hi

      I'm not sure what you mean by that ether. Yet I've found yoga and taking turmeric daily seems to help with the tremors (actual shaking of hands etc)

      😊



      QUOTE=Tracy McK;1515705]In the last few months I have been noticing more and more tremors under my skin. Sometimes in specific areas of my torso or limbs. But mostly a full body felling of buzzing tremors. Does anyone have an idea of what can be done to reduce or stop them??[/QUOTE]
      Jen Dx'd 5/11
      "Live each day as if it were your last"

      Comment


        #4
        Try looking up the definition of fasciculations and see if that is what it is. If so, you can thank MS.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Temagami View Post
          Try looking up the definition of fasciculations and see if that is what it is. If so, you can thank MS.
          I was under the impression that fasciculations were not a symptom of MS due to the fact that MS is an upper motor neuron disease and fasciculations were indicative of a lower motor neuron problem.
          However a lot of us experience them, so... Who really knows
          There is a type of "twitching" that is related to MS that is called myokymia. It presents as more of a rippling under the skin and has been described as a "bag of worms". (Sorry! I know that's gross but it's how it's described)
          “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
            I was under the impression that fasciculations were not a symptom of MS due to the fact that MS is an upper motor neuron disease and fasciculations were indicative of a lower motor neuron problem.
            However a lot of us experience them, so... Who really knows
            There is a type of "twitching" that is related to MS that is called myokymia. It presents as more of a rippling under the skin and has been described as a "bag of worms". (Sorry! I know that's gross but it's how it's described)
            When I was noticing some hand atrophy several years ago, while I was still working, I found this article about MS and lower motor neuron dysfunction, and saved it:

            https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1488064

            Take Care
            PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              When I was noticing some hand atrophy several years ago, while I was still working, I found this article about MS and lower motor neuron dysfunction, and saved it:

              https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1488064

              Take Care
              Interesting read, KoKo. I wish they had taken it further than this initial small sampling of patients and done more studies in the 27 years since it was done - especially since MS patients complain of symptoms like twitching that are considered to be part of a lower motor neuron process. Both the dorsal nerve entry roots and central exit roots are part of the peripheral nervous system and couldn’t possibly be related to MS! Or, could they?
              It made me think of this article I found a couple of weeks ago (which I meant to share but I forgot to). It looks into peripheral nerve demyelination in patients with MS which goes against everything we’ve heard about this disease. Is it not just affecting oligodendrocytes in the CNS but also Schwann cells in the PNS?
              https://journals.lww.com/neurotodayo...graphic.6.aspx
              I thought about posting this in the General forums. You think they’d dig it over there?
              “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
                Interesting read, KoKo. I wish they had taken it further than this initial small sampling of patients and done more studies in the 27 years since it was done - especially since MS patients complain of symptoms like twitching that are considered to be part of a lower motor neuron process. Both the dorsal nerve entry roots and central exit roots are part of the peripheral nervous system and couldn’t possibly be related to MS! Or, could they?
                It made me think of this article I found a couple of weeks ago (which I meant to share but I forgot to). It looks into peripheral nerve demyelination in patients with MS which goes against everything we’ve heard about this disease. Is it not just affecting oligodendrocytes in the CNS but also Schwann cells in the PNS?
                https://journals.lww.com/neurotodayo...graphic.6.aspx
                I thought about posting this in the General forums. You think they’d dig it over there?
                Thanks for the article - very interesting! More and more discoveries about MS.

                Also, saved with that article in my previous post, is this about atrophy and fasciculations:

                http://www.neuroanatomy.wisc.edu/sc97/text/P5/intro.htm

                Feel free to post in the General - some of us like to 'get into the weeds'.

                Take Care
                PPMS for 22 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

                Comment


                  #9
                  Tracy, I have little muscle spasms that aren't visible, along with the sensation of bugs crawling under my skin. Sometimes there's a vibration. I just assume it's all part and parcel.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by NoraS View Post
                    Tracy, I have little muscle spasms that aren't visible, along with the sensation of bugs crawling under my skin. Sometimes there's a vibration. I just assume it's all part and parcel.
                    It is Nora, and I'm not sure what can be done to stop it. Maybe someone here can help with this.

                    There is a type of "twitching" that is related to MS that is called myokymia. It presents as more of a rippling under the skin and has been described as a "bag of worms".
                    IntoDust - I sometime experience this when I'm relaxing as I try to fall asleep. I never knew the name of it but it is annoying. The ripples come in waves like every seconds or so, but eventually go away. I never know when it will happen.
                    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Internal Tremors

                      You're expierencing internal tremors. I have been experiencing them as well.

                      They are MS related.
                      limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X