Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue Schmatigue

Venting really . . .

I was so enjoying about a month of higher energy levels. I thought that with the daily multivitamins and eating more good food . . . Well, I thought that maybe I had cured the fatigue issue, but it started hitting me again a couple of nights ago and I had to go to bed early to fight it off. Today, when I went to go distribute mail around work, my legs started getting really tired and heavy. Now I feel totally wiped out. It hit me like a ton of bricks.

I know that this is just a part of what I have. I was just really enjoying the time I had without so much of it. I'm glad it's Friday and can't wait to get the hour commute over to go home. In two and a half hours, I can leave work and rest.

And I am throwing a super bowl party on Sunday That idea was a result of my higher energy levels. Ah well. I'll get through it and it will be fun to have people over to our new house finally.

I am sorry your energy level has fallen. I just wanted to say I can relate. My legs feel tired and heavy and my calves burn every time I walk.

I hope you get that high energy back soon and enjoy your party!
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Hi,
      sorry about your slump.
      Try and get a good sleep before your party or you may be too knocked out to enjoy. So i hope you have fun.
      Unfortunately peaks are always followed by valleys. so the higher the up the lower the down seems to be.
      It seems safer to live in mediocrity. But I applaud those who persevere.
      All the best.

Comment

Thank you ladies for the support. I had another hard hit today and had to lay down for a few hours. I'm back up trying to enjoy the evening. I read online last week that it's better to get right back up and do activities rather than stay laying down after awhile so that's what I'm doing. I'm gonna keep moving for as long as I can. I hung the decorations and cut stuff for the platters. My husband helped. We mostly got everything done so I can just wake up tomorrow and do my hair. Maybe I'll just go to a local chain salon and get my hair blow dried so I don't get worn out.

I hope you have a nice weekend

Comment

Hi Jimilea,
          How did it go?

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
            Hi Jimilea,
            How did it go?
            Hi Caroline, thanks for asking! It went well. All of that prep work leading up in spurts paid off. I felt tired and was in pain, but the party was so much fun. Not everyone showed up, but it ended up being a good thing because then everyone had a lot of space to sit comfortably. And our team won!

I didn't feel fatigued today so maybe it has let up again, but I did go in my pants today while sitting at my desk, which was such a surprise because I didn't feel myself go nor has that ever happened to me that I recall. I went to the store and bought new clothing articles, some wipes, and treated myself to a new bra as well as a tasty lunch! I threw my other pants away. Doing all of that made me feel better. I've been growing accustomed to the fact that I will have good days and bad days. Gotta enjoy the good ones when I have them.

How are you doing today? I saw your post in the other forums. I wanted to say something, but then I didn't because I thought that maybe someone else would have better advice. When someone does reply, I bet it will be the good swift kick you're looking for. Lord knows I've gotten my share of swift kicks here and it made me all the better. I hope you stick around and get the support that you need.

Comment

I'm so glad you got to enjoy your party!.

I'm also glad you didn't let your mishap spoil the day.I try to wear pants mostly and a cardigan tied around the waist can help give time to cleanup. Thankfully i haven't had to deal with this often.

Thanks so much for asking after my concerns. I do really appreciate any and all posts. The normal me would pick myself up like you did after your mishap and climb up out of that valley looking towards the silver lining but i just don't seem to be able to do that. So rather than having good days and bad days I seem to be in a bad day slump.

Because I don't 'get out much' an spend considerable time alone I visit msw most days and try and connect or be helpful with someones post. So thanks again for connecting back!! You made me cry!
              Good,not bad!

It is really lousy when you find yourself living vicariously through others.

All the best.

Comment

Yea well, we have to do that at times. It'll help bring you to your breakthrough when you will see the lining again, only this time, it will be gold.

I remember not that long ago when I barely left my house. It was about 3 years ago. I saw a counselor for awhile. That really helped.

Connecting with people online who understood what I was going through really helped too.

Each thing helps. Just keep doing that and know that you aren't alone. There's a MS Facebook group too I can give you a link to. Let me know and I'll put my email in my profile so I can email the link.

How did your day go today?

Comment

I'm glad you found counselling helpful. Do you think it was the talking about fears/ worries that helped or did you gain coping skills?

Got a bit done today. Felt good to achieve something.
                  Trouble is something i have been putting off doing for a while because it's mentally stressful is demanding attention. The heat is really bothering me. it been 40C + for several days now.
                  I just want to sleep, not think about office work.

Hope everything is going well for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinemf View Post
                    I'm glad you found counselling helpful. Do you think it was the talking about fears/ worries that helped or did you gain coping skills?

Got a bit done today. Felt good to achieve something.
                    Trouble is something i have been putting off doing for a while because it's mentally stressful is demanding attention. The heat is really bothering me. it been 40C + for several days now.
                    I just want to sleep, not think about office work.

Hope everything is going well for you.
                    Sorry Caroline, that it took me so long to reply. I read it and then forgot.

re the counseling. I think for me, it helped because I gained coping skills through talking about my fears and worries. It was new for me because I'm an internalizer. I usually internalize, solve a problem, and then talk about it. I fought through a lot of depression and anxiety going through that process, but it was worth it in the end. Working through my childhood helped me to learn how to deal with my adult life much better than before.

Lol I had to pull up a celsius to fahrenheit convertor! Wow, that's really hot. The fact that you achieved anything in that disgustingness makes you my hero hahaha seriously, I understand. How did your weekend go?

Comment

Nice to hear from you again.
                      I'm going to try and organise an appointment one day this week.
                      I tend to build walls and keep people at arms length at times of intense stress and upset. It isn't until I'm sure I have myself in check that I may discuss with someone. But i usually feel kind of removed from the subject - almost like talking about some one else. I like my walls!! safer with them up!!

I do hope that I can learn how to not do this though because it's impacted on my relationships. Especially those with my children.

Definitely no hero!
                      It was 46c a few days ago - i had three a/c's on and it still felt hot. I have been getting up at 4.45am just to make sure the patches our automatic sprinklers don't hit get a drink before they shrivel in the heat. I love my garden looking nice and like to spend some time each day out there but it's been neglected lately and is starting to look shabby. I also have a sick gold fish in my small pond that i'll probably lose. We are heading into autumn thank goodness and it should start to ease in March. I hate summer!!!

Thanks for asking.
                      Had to relieve someone at work for a few days. Only about 10-12 hrs work altogether but it caused spasticity and pain and knocked me out so i slept most of monday infront of the tv.

I hope your doing well.

Comment

Working...
                      X