Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restrictive Lung Disease

Hey MS Family,

For about a uear, I have been having yrouble breathing.

I have had two PFT's and have early Restrctive Lung Disease.

Any one else dealing with this?
    limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Sorry to hear about your dx.

I got a "severe" COPD dx in September, myself. I started noticing shortness of breath about 2 years ago, but a lung tumor 1 year ago sidetracked me into surgery & chemo (after which a flight of stairs was a real challenge). Once that was mostly recovered I saw a pulmo for the 1st time and he called it COPD based on a pre-surgery PFT and a few minutes of exam (and my history).

He started me on a long-acting daily inhaler (Stiolto Respimat) and within a week I was wheezing a lot less.

He also sent me to an 8-week pulmonary rehab class that started today. It's 2 hours twice a week, with the first hour being educational and the second being a personalized light exercise program.

I don't think my med is used for restrictive disease, but I expect the differences between restrictive & obstructive are part of what I'll be learning...
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Restrictive Lung Disease

Thanks Mark,

I have my first appt with a Pulmologist on tje 17th.

Hopefully, I am early enough to be in front of the disease.
      limbo land for 1 year and 4 months DX February 2012 Copaxon February 2012 for 6 months. No DMD's since.

Comment

Hi ladibabe,

I saw a Pulmonologist back in June and had testing (PFT, chest x-ray). I believe mine is classified as obstructive and my medications fall under that category. I was having shortness of breath and coughing. Testing showed I don't use full lung capacity. I have exercise induced Asthma which is currently been a problem for this entire month as I have been sick and on antibiotics this whole month.

My Asthma diagnosis is not suspected as a cause of MS.

Best wishes on your appointment.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Restrictive vs Obstructive

Thanks Snoopy,

I have been reading up on the differences and have been havening symptoms for over a year. My first PFT was Oct. 2015 and noted Restrictive which was confirmed this year on my second PFT.

I will let you know what the outcome is.

Comment

update on breathing issues

MS World,

If it's not one thing its another.

After all the breathing issues, I was diagnosed with Pulmonary Embolisms. Had a nice 3 day stay in the hospital.

Dr. believes it was due to the airplane trip to the Bahamas in late December.

I am much better.. Very Thankful.

Comment

Scary. Glad to hear you were treated and hospital stay not too long. Hope you continue to feel better!
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
              X