I can't describe it but it feels like everything is spinning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi dog lover

Try to take one step at a time ( I say this but have a hard time doing it myself). See what your cognitive studies show. Maybe they will give you a means to controlling some of your symptoms. I feel very fortunate to not have to deal with any cognitive issues- so sorry that you are

I have thought extensively about how to stay in the nursing profession with my disabilities. Most "desk" nursing jobs are full time and I'm not sure I could work 40 hours any longer. Like you, it is so hard to think of giving up this career that I love.

Hopefully you will get some answers, and hopefully solutions, soon. BPPV is usually a peripheral vertigo. Unfortunately, I have central vertigo so none of the treatments for BPPV will help me- maybe you will be more fortunate in this regard.

Take care. Good luck with your tests. I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best. It's really hard.

Comment

Originally posted by AriD View Post
      Hi dog lover

Try to take one step at a time ( I say this but have a hard time doing it myself). See what your cognitive studies show. Maybe they will give you a means to controlling some of your symptoms. I feel very fortunate to not have to deal with any cognitive issues- so sorry that you are

I have thought extensively about how to stay in the nursing profession with my disabilities. Most "desk" nursing jobs are full time and I'm not sure I could work 40 hours any longer. Like you, it is so hard to think of giving up this career that I love.

Hopefully you will get some answers, and hopefully solutions, soon. BPPV is usually a peripheral vertigo. Unfortunately, I have central vertigo so none of the treatments for BPPV will help me- maybe you will be more fortunate in this regard.

Take care. Good luck with your tests. I will be thinking of you and wishing you the best. It's really hard.
      Hi AriD,

You give good advice to take things one step at a time. I am a planner so that is really difficult for me to do, especially when it comes to something as important as my career. My major stress during this flare has not been my health, but instead focused on how I am going to get back to work. I am thankful to have supportive colleagues and the time off that I need, but I can't help being anxious about what is going to happen in the not so distant future.

Thanks again for your response and I will be thinking of you as well! One way or another we will both make it through this! One day at at time, right?

Comment

Working...
      X