Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dizzy in afternoon & when standing up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dizzy in afternoon & when standing up....

Ok I have read a bunch in this channel, but haven' found anything matching my experience.

What got me DX, was partially the vertigo, bad enough I simply couldn't drive. It lasted about 2 months. However since, I have been noticing:

That in the evenings after 5-6ish, I have kind of a constant dizzy-ness / off balance thing.

When I stand up, either from crouching or bending over, I get pretty light headed, to the point of almost needing to sit back down.

Others have this? I used to think it might be blood sugar related or blood pressure related, but my blood pressure always checks out great (at the dumb amount of dr visits these days), and it's so constant now, I have a hard time believing it food / blood sugar related, which also always checks out OK.

Would love any thoughts,

Thanks,
    -Dave

My First Symptom

Dizziness was my first symptom but though it got better it never went away. With my first flare the dizziness was the only thing happening; it got worse. This never got better either. When I am crouched down and try to stand I sometimes have to sit down or fall down. I also had to quit driving. I hope that your dizziness gets better or at least not worse. It is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Daveo View Post
      When I stand up, either from crouching or bending over, I get pretty light headed, to the point of almost needing to sit back down.
      Hi Daveo:

Have you talked with your doctor about this? It's possible to have normal blood pressure while standing or sitting down (like it's checked at the doctor's office), but to have a drop in blood pressure during the act of changing from a lying/sitting/bending position to a standing position.

It's called postural hypotension. Google it and see if it sounds like what you're experiencing.

Comment

Hi jreagan70, I'll have to go check it out, and thanks for the info. We do have a blood pressure machine (for wife) and have checked my more than most people, out of curiosity, and every time it's always really good. Anyways, need to go read up on what you were mentioning 8-).

Thanks,
        -Dave

Comment

Yes- I have this problem and always checked out with low-normal BP. However, I'd noticed it started with the advent of my taking all kinds of meds in order to feel decent enough to go about my day, go to work etc. So, along with the meds messing with things, when crouching/squatting for more than a moment, blood has a difficult time leaving the legs--so upon standing there is a drop in BP in the upper body/head.

Dizzy and faint! I've fixed this by not crouching/squatting to do much of anything. I got this egg-shaped wheeled garden seat thing that I use for weeding, and also one for inside the house for when I need to dust, or straighten at below waist level for more than a second or two. My husband also built me some low raised garden beds, so now even easier. I got the seats on Amazon for under $30 each. You can also get the ones that contractors use to scoot around. My 2 cents!
          RRMS 2011, Copaxone 2011-2013, Tecfidera 2013-current

Comment

Working...
          X