well I finally peed my pants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well I finally peed my pants

Diagnosed in March & most of my symptoms have been improving. I've been on Tecfidera for almost two months. The bladder problems are worsening though & yes, I finally peed my pants at work. Luckily I had a long coat. I had a bit of a nervous breakdown & cried the rest of the day...I'm actually hoping it's a UTI cause I really don't want any more drugs to take for the rest of my life . Just very disheartened by this & would like to hear how other people have dealt with this embarrassing symptom

Hello DarbySnow,

I'm sorry you are having this problem and yes it is embarrassing, just happened to me while on vac., I was even wearing protective underwear. I held my head high and kelp going until I could find a restroom. So from now on I will double up on the undies while on vac.

Just wanted you to know you are not alone.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Thanks. I think I was still in denial so this was a brutal reminder that nothing will ever be the same again

Comment

take it from me

Incontinence is better than urine retention, which can lead to UTIs ( a trigger for MS flare) and need to cath. I would be happy to switch places with you...

Comment

times that would be nice to forget

There are 2 issues I have come to hate as my conditionprogresses. 1st one is I have and continue to cramp everywhere is mybody, legs, feet, arms, hands, chest wall and I have been dealing with whatsome call MS Hug for the past 9 months. I am married and we occasionally stillhave sex and when we do occasionally I cramp from hell as in it’s over for thenight. The 2nd issue is thenerve pain that goes through my body that just make me moan or want to screamfor no apparent reason. I know not thesame but issues I just hate.

Sean

Comment

DarbySnow - see a urologist.

I had myself convinced that the only option for me was self-cathing and I was dead set against it . But in desperation I did finally visit a urologist and low and behold he performed a "stretching"procedure that 'fixed' my problems . It has been almost 2 years and I cant believe that I waited so long to get it checked out.

Comment

Not alone

Nighttime is the worst for me, I have soaked the bed and my husband on a few occasions. Cried every time. I seem to go through periods where I become incontinent, I wear a pad during the day and take oxybutnin. I can't take it all the time because I have issues with dehydration and I don't believe I'm completely emptying my bladder.

When your body betrays you it feels like a violation. Good luck.

Peace,
              Anna

Comment

It is a horrible feeling, isn't it?

With me, it happens mainly because I can't always wheelie-walk fast enough to get there in time.

With MS, you need a head start, but with MS, you don't feel the need to go, and then it's a race against time.

Sometimes you lose. Carry spare clothes, those baby cleaning wipes, and yes, if the medication doesn't help, try Depends.

Comment

Working...
                X