Muscle twitching!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscle twitching!

I'm worried. I can't find anywhere that says muscle twitching is a MS symptom.

When I had my last flare (3 months ago) I had small muscle twitches all over my body but they would only last 1 min or less.

But...for about 4 days now I've been having twitching in my right foot constantly when at rest (which includes sitting). Sometimes my left foot twitches too, but its rare. When my left twiches my right stops.

Is this normal for anyone? If so, what do you do for it? I've never had it twitch this long. It's hard to sleep! (T_T)

Hi Ashtastic:

If you'll do a Google search for "muscle twitches and multiple sclerosis," literally thousands of results will come up. Then go through the first couple of pages and find the answers from medical authority sites and writers with medical credentials and read those first. You'll be able to find pretty quickly that some people with MS do have muscle twitches, and you can get some medically sound ideas about what you can talk to your neurologist about. A lot of what you read might not apply to you, so you'll need to sort it all out with your doctor. I hope you get some answers and relief soon.

Comment

Hi Ashtastic

I've had small muscle twitches on and off (on arm, hand, leg, foot) for many years.

The most frequent twitch happens on my arm (sometimes upper arm and sometimes forearm), which feels like a popcorn kernel popping under the skin.

I'm fortunate in that they have never really bothered me or kept me from sleeping.

Hopefully you get some relief soon!

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I used to get these in both my forearms and in my eyelids. While a nuisance, they did not prevent me from doing anything. I never did find anything that would resolve them. Please keep us updated, and that I hope to read that you found something that gave you relief.
        hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
        volunteer
        MS World
        hunterd@msworld.org
        PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by jreagan70 View Post
          Hi Ashtastic:

If you'll do a Google search for "muscle twitches and multiple sclerosis," literally thousands of results will come up. Then go through the first couple of pages and find the answers from medical authority sites and writers with medical credentials and read those first. You'll be able to find pretty quickly that some people with MS do have muscle twitches, and you can get some medically sound ideas about what you can talk to your neurologist about. A lot of what you read might not apply to you, so you'll need to sort it all out with your doctor. I hope you get some answers and relief soon.
          Oh I feel dumb now. I think its because I live in Japan so it automatically redirects me to google.jp because when I tried to google it not much of anything comes up except some forums posts.

Thank you that's very reassuring!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
            Hi Ashtastic

I've had small muscle twitches on and off (on arm, hand, leg, foot) for many years.

The most frequent twitch happens on my arm (sometimes upper arm and sometimes forearm), which feels like a popcorn kernel popping under the skin.

I'm fortunate in that they have never really bothered me or kept me from sleeping.

Hopefully you get some relief soon!

Take Care
            Oh wow, thats a great description for mine too! Thank you! It seems it has calmed down. It's not constant anymore

I used to get these in both my forearms and in my eyelids. While a nuisance, they did not prevent me from doing anything. I never did find anything that would resolve them. Please keep us updated, and that I hope to read that you found something that gave you relief.
            Thank you it has calmed down a bit but i will defiantly tell my doctor.

Comment

Working...
            X