Severe Pain in Chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Severe Pain in Chest

Two nights ago I experienced severe pain in the center of my chest. I was terrified and thought it might be a heart attack. I then spit up a lot of mucus (not from my lungs) from my esophogas. I tried looking it up later and think it may have been a spasm caused my MS. Has anyone else experienced this?

I know it wasn't heart burn; I had an ulcer years ago and this was totally different. It was agonizing.

Hi loopy, I've never experienced what you describe, but wanted you to know that I was thinking of you and hoping that this has resolved.

Are you feeling any better?

Comment

I only hapened once

Thank you Tia1. It only happened the one time. I seem to be having a bad week, I fell down for the second time in my house. This time I landed on my face! But I have started Mindfulness meditating that my therapist suggested and am coping better. Thanks again.

Comment

Severe pain in chest.

Yes, I experienced this as well three years ago. I was flown to a heart center and had a catheterization where they found my heart was is great shape and no plaque build up. They just blew it off (guess they thought it was imaginary) but later my neurologist said it was from MS. My MS would have been diagnosed sooner had they followed up on the cause of the chest pain. Fortunately it has never happened again. I hope it will be a one-time happening for you too!

Comment

Originally posted by loopey View Post
          Two nights ago I experienced severe pain in the center of my chest. I was terrified and thought it might be a heart attack. I then spit up a lot of mucus (not from my lungs) from my esophogas. I tried looking it up later and think it may have been a spasm caused my MS. Has anyone else experienced this?

I know it wasn't heart burn; I had an ulcer years ago and this was totally different. It was agonizing.
          Hi, Loopy. Yes! That is actually how I became diagnosed. I ended up in the ER after experiencing crushing chest pain in the center of my chest - I thought I was having a heart attack. After a long month of scans and test, I was diagnosed with MS. It turned out that what had brought me to the ER, was the MS Hug. Maybe this is what happened to you too?

Comment

Working...
          X