Relapse???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relapse???

I saw my neurologist last Monday (2/29) and was feeling fairly well that day. I did notice that I was having trouble landing my foot on a couple of the steps on the way up to her office. I mentioned it to her but neither of us were extremely concerned about it.

The next morning, I was extremely fatigued and did not go to work. Since that day, I've gotten progressively worse. I went to the doctor and found out that I have a UTI. I was glad to hear that because I figured the antibiotics would have me feel in better in no time.

I am on my fifth day of antibiotics and I still feel awful! I am having vertigo which I have never experienced before last week. My legs become weak after a minute or two of walking or standing.

Is it just the infection? Is this a relapse? I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor but I just wonder what my fellow MSers think.

The infection is gone and I am still having new and old symptoms. The neuro believes this is a relapse. She scheduled me for IV steroids last week but I opted out. I am going to wait this one out.

Comment

Originally posted by KevsLuv View Post
      The infection is gone and I am still having new and old symptoms. The neuro believes this is a relapse. She scheduled me for IV steroids last week but I opted out. I am going to wait this one out.
      KevsLuv

How are you doing now?

Hopefully you are much better.

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Koko, thanks for the reply.

I am slowly feeling better but for the past 2 days, the fatigue has been so overwhelming I've not been out of bed much. I am still limping a bit due to the tight muscles in my legs and hips.

I cannot wait for this to be over!

Comment

Originally posted by KevsLuv View Post
          Koko, thanks for the reply.

I am slowly feeling better but for the past 2 days, the fatigue has been so overwhelming I've not been out of bed much. I am still limping a bit due to the tight muscles in my legs and hips.

I cannot wait for this to be over!
          KevsLuv

I don't have typical relapses, but I do fall victim to periods of extreme physical fatigue. I don't really get particularly sleepy, but mostly a feeling of overwhelming exhaustion whereby everything I try to do wears me out.

The only real remedy (that I've found) for this fatigue mode is rest and more rest (which requires a great deal of patience on my part) until I gradually regain my strength. But it has always worked for me thus far.

Hopefully you are recovering your strength minute by minute, day by day.

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
          X