Bladder problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bladder problems

I've been having some bladder problems over the last few weeks and just want to see if anyone else experienced anything similar.

For a few weeks now I've started leaking a small amount of urine throughout the day. I can't figure out if a specific activity is causing it, but seems to happen randomly. I think I'm not having a regular urge to urinate anymore. When I do urinate it seems to me to be a normal amount of urine with a normal stream, but after I finish urinating if I wait a few minutes a little bit more urine will come out. I don't think this used to happen before. When this first started I went to a urologist because I thought I was retaining urine but he did an ultrasound and said the residual amount was normal.

I'm just trying to figure out if other people experience similar symptoms.

I'm dealing with this also shellbe. I sometimes double and triple void before leaving bathroom and still leak afterward. Annoying. I've had this for about a year maybe. Recently though I've had two UTIs because of it. Going through urodynamic studies then cystoscopy in next few weeks. The urologist put me on vesicare which made it much worse. I guess it's not supposed to be used for urinary retention just overactive bladder. I think bladder issues are relatively common with MS unfortunately. Hope things improve for you.

Comment

AriD - thank you for replying. Sorry if this is too personal, but do you have any problems starting urinating or keeping a steady stream? Because for me, if I wasn't leaking I wouldn't have even noticed that something is wrong.

Comment

Boy! Does this sound familiar ! I did the entire UTI, urodynamic study, urologist trip ! I take 1000-2000 mgs of powdered vitamin C daily to ward off bladder bacteria. I hope this helps. Good luck

Comment

Hello shellbe,

When this first started I went to a urologist because I thought I was retaining urine but he did an ultrasound and said the residual amount was normal
          I'm glad nothing abnormal was found

If you are female I would suggest you discuss this with your GYN. For women urine leakage can be due to various causes including hormones or weak pelvic muscles. It is also possible for medications, stress and anxiety to cause urine leakage.

Since you do not currently have a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis it should not be assumed your leakage is due to this disease.

If you had urodynamic testing done by a Urologist and results indicate a neurogenic bladder then those results along with other positive testing for MS can help support a diagnosis of MS.
          Diagnosed 1984
          “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Working...
          X