Burning eyes, sporadic stabbing body pains, sound sensitivity, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning eyes, sporadic stabbing body pains, sound sensitivity, etc

Hi, new here, & trying to understand all of these annoying symptoms, if someone may share their thoughts or opinion --

These are what I've been living with and currently know:

Recently (Jan 2015) diagnosed with:
    - Cervical Dystonia (spasmodic torticollis), constant neck, shoulder, upper back pain, debilitating
    - 1 lesion on left brain
    - 1 cyst on left brain
    - eeg test on brain registered "slight abnormally for the left side"
    - bad reaction to botox injections in february, made pain worse

Undiagnosed symptoms that developed this year or were previously there but are now worse, are:
    - being more clumsy, never used to be
    - some balance issues, random
    - burning eyes
    - random occasional shooting pain in various places on body, joints
    - itchy skin
    - random occasional numb or pin needle of tip of finger
    - horrible memory & "brain fogginess"?
    - long pauses when talking due to loss for words, sometimes the word never comes & have to describe what I mean so the person can say the word I'm at a loss for
    - digestive/bowel change to slow, can skip 1 & 2 days, consistency refuses to be normal (mushy), despite fiber supplement attempts
    - i noticed that as of this summer, ive had loss of energy & feel more tired a lot, especially after a walk, lethargic to the point of having to lay down feeling like exhausted (used to be very fit and workout a lot, I am still thin), never ever been a napper
    - when just sitting outside in shade I would feel lethargic & my eyes would close like sleepy
    - I don't get hot "flashes", im fine at normal temperatures, but when it feels warm to hot inside or outside, I cannot bear it as well I feel like I'm burning up, extra hot feeling
    - always had extra sensitive ears where I cannot bear loud things & either avoid them or wear earplugs such as movie theater, fireworks, band/concert, yard equipment, & more (I also have tinnitus)
    - sounds annoy me that other people think nothing of, such as someone singing, humming, or whistling, yard equipment, hearing someone chew/eat, kids shows with raised & squeally shrieky* voices & stupid dialogue, females with childlike voices, other things - things that seem piercing or repetitive.
    There are things ive probably forgotten, but I think I'll stop here :-/

Hello justmetsmith and welcome to MSWorld

sounds annoy me that other people think nothing of, such as someone singing, humming, or whistling, yard equipment, hearing someone chew/eat, kids shows with raised & squeally shrieky* voices & stupid dialogue, females with childlike voices, other things - things that seem piercing or repetitive.
    You might have what is known as Misophonia:
    http://www.medicinenet.com/misophonia/article.htm

Cervical Dystonia (spasmodic torticollis), constant neck, shoulder, upper back pain, debilitating
    Have you tried muscle relaxers, Physical Therapy and/or Massage Therapy to see if that will help. Heat can also be beneficial.

Since you posted this on a Multiple Sclerosis Message Board I assume you are wondering about MS What does your Neurologist say?
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi and thank you for responding.... I'm doin everything supposed to be for the dystonia but the misophonia information is interesting. And yes when I ran across ms symptoms I saw a number of things that I have, and my cousin has been diagnosed with it. But anyway, well I guess if no one else responds with anything that would confirm the likelihood I'll just see what happens with my next MRI whenever that may be.

Comment

Hi justmetsmith,

Originally posted by justmetsmith View Post
        I guess if no one else responds with anything that would confirm the likelihood I'll just see what happens with my next MRI whenever that may be.
        It is very difficult to tell someone that it is likely or not that they may have MS. There are many conditions that can present with symptoms that are similar to Multiple Sclerosis and there is no symptom(s) that is exclusive to this disease.

We may not be able to confirm the possibility of MS but we certainly are here to listen and answer your questions to the best of our abilities.

There is a diagnostic criteria for MS, The Revised McDonald Criteria:
        http://www.va.gov/MS/articles/2010_M...ia_Revised.pdf
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

MS posts can be your silver lining

Hi Justme,
          The best thing you can do for information is to read the many threads on this wonderful website posted by everyone. Since each person's MS is so individualized, you should find pertinent info to help
          until you get a firm diagnosis, one way or the other.
          Your symptoms sure sound like a probable case, but as already mentioned, it could be something
          else neurological. And as already asked, what does your doc think? I must say though, I often get more and better information here than from my doctor. But then again, you do need a doctor to actually give you a diagnosis for any future medications, physical therapy, etc.
          If you do get a definite MS diagnosis, check out posts to help you with each symptom. Just the acknowledgement and support will do wonders for you. ( I hope)

Comment

Hi justme

I have similar symptoms for past 2 years trying to get answers Brain mri has been clear twice latest doctor thinks low b12 vitamins could cause these problems WHen I googled b12 it did show a lot of similarities to ms so I'm going to try it could not believe it could cause so many problems
            Originally posted by roxanne View Post
            Hi Justme,
            The best thing you can do for information is to read the many threads on this wonderful website posted by everyone. Since each person's MS is so individualized, you should find pertinent info to help
            until you get a firm diagnosis, one way or the other.
            Your symptoms sure sound like a probable case, but as already mentioned, it could be something
            else neurological. And as already asked, what does your doc think? I must say though, I often get more and better information here than from my doctor. But then again, you do need a doctor to actually give you a diagnosis for any future medications, physical therapy, etc.
            If you do get a definite MS diagnosis, check out posts to help you with each symptom. Just the acknowledgement and support will do wonders for you. ( I hope)

Comment

Working...
            X