No announcement yet.

What are yhour favorite syptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot all about it, another one of my "favorite" symptoms is my memory, at least there are no such things as reruns anymore!
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Two favorites for me.

One, trying to walk when suddenly my left leg will just not move at all, even with my cane or walker. That sudden stop throws me off balance even more, and has caused several falls.

Bowel issues.... and the only bathroom is upstairs. So much fun! NOT!!

There is a silver lining of sorts to my MS, my pain threshold is quite high. I cracked the neck of my femur in February and didn't know it until July when doc did an xray to check for arthritis in my hips. Guess it could be worse, at least it healed pretty straight.
      Echo
      DX 2007 Started Ocrevus on 2/14/2018

"Some where over the rainbow...."

Comment

Originally posted by kmathis View Post
        Great Topic. Favorite symptom - forgetting words to every day items and making people guess what I am referring to. When I am told the word I get all excited - for the other person.
        My other favorite thing is quirks. Like my eye twitched for 7 wks. People ask "what's wrong" you tell them and they reply "I get that"...I totally understand that you get that. My eye used to twitch for a few seconds a couple times a year. Try it for 7 wks. Ever want to stab your eye with a pencil? That is what twitching for 7 wks does for a person.
        I wanted to order" that thing that holds iced tea or lemonade that you pour",but I couldn't find it because I didn't know the word. Can you guess it! This is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DPL2014 View Post
          I'm early in this disease so my symptoms aren't horrible YET. I feel bad for even saying anything but.....

My face twitches. Around my eyes and around my mouth. It makes me look like I'm annoyed all the time but I'm NOT annoyed. I can see strangers reacting to it by shooting me dirty looks back sometimes (or maybe I'm imagining it?). I'm not mad at you, strangers.
          DPL, I was just at the end of my rope dealing with this problem thinking I was the only person that had facial twitching! My eye lids have been twitching for a YEAR! And now my eyebrows are joining in on the fun. Have you ever found a way to calm this down?

Comment

Pain. I could live with all the rest, but the pain is the deal-breaker. It's the one thing that could possibly make me decide it's not worth it any more.
            PPMS
            Dx 07/13

Comment

My then just 3 year old granddaughter was walking down the hall one day...stiff legged and dragging her left foot. When asked what she was doing, she replied "See! I'm walking just like grandma!"

Great - what a role model I must be! lol
              1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
              Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Seasha, that made me chuckle. From the mouth of babes.....

One of my favorite symptoms:
                My left leg is dragging now, Dr neuro told me that "because MS is stable, my depression is causing the problem". So, it's all in my head. Isn't that what they told women in the 50's and gave them a pill?
                Karen

Comment

Originally posted by Karenkay View Post
                  Seasha, that made me chuckle. From the mouth of babes.....

One of my favorite symptoms:
                  My left leg is dragging now, Dr neuro told me that "because MS is stable, my depression is causing the problem". So, it's all in my head. Isn't that what they told women in the 50's and gave them a pill?
                  Yeah I hear you, Karenkay....

26 years ago I had my first flare with partial vision loss and severe nystagmus and the white haired older (old school) doctor told me I was having a nervous breakdown and gave me a rx for that!! Of course, that nasty pill gave me serious side effects and I stopped within a few days. Vision was restored within 6 -8 weeks.
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Newbie but Goodie - eye twitching. Oddly enough Phenergan which is an anti nausea medicine is a sedative and it helped with the twitching issue and also works wonders on migraines.

I went to the herbal store and asked what they have for natural sedatives and used KavaKava (stopped this because it can cause kidney issues). Then I started using Passion Flower. They both helped me sleep and do help take the edge off twitching eyes, legs, hand tremors.

I don't take "MS Meds" anymore. I choose to treat symptoms only. Therefore I am also not on "daily" meds; if I take an herbal supplement that is typically all I have in my system. If there were side effects I would notice right away as I tend to only take medicine if I really need it. Be sure to check with your doctor before taking any herbal supplement.

Comment

Working...
                    X