Stiff Jaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stiff Jaw

Often my jaw gets stiff. Does not really hurt but hard to open my mouth sometimes.
    Diagnosed, November 2005, Fingolimod FTY720 Study as of August 20, 2007

I've had that before and my dentist said I had TMJ - relating to the temporomandibular joint that connects your skull to your jaw.

Look over the link here and decide if this matches what you're going through. http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/gui...-disorders-tmd

It gives helpful suggestions for treating this. I took ibuprofen to help with pain, but my chiropractor helped me the most after suffering for a week or so.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I have terrible jaw pain. I have periods wh3re it feels just like my jaw bone has to be broken! My husband will even comment about hearing the loud popping sound and ask if that hurts. It can be either side and causes a lot of pain. Sometimes it feels like I have a throbbing pain in my ear too.

I do not have dental insurance anymore or I would go. The other problem is that when I wake up my jaw is out of alignment and I can't close my mouth or chew. So it gets pretty painful.
      Sissy

Comment

Working...
      X