I don't even know what to call it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't even know what to call it

Does anyone ever have that sensation like someone has just taken the floor and quickly tipped it to one side as if though you were on a Bosu Ball that just tipped. It happens really fast? Not when I just stand up but when I am already standing and in the middle of something. Happened once while driving and it scared me. When I am experiencing other symptoms this will happen with them.

I have experienced something similar to that. I used to get a sensation that the floor was rippling and I felt as if I was going to fall. I would also get the elevator sensation as if the floor were coming up toward me from the ground. Its just some crazy lesion doing its best to annoy you, if you are not diagnosed, you should tell your neurologist about it.

Best of luck
    Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

it's a weird sensation, isn't it?
      i've got neurological vertigo (not ear related) that is controlled by meds 3x day. usually that keeps it at bay.
      sometimes it manifests itself in floor/ bed/ couch tilting or spinning. flipped me out first few times.
      i've been through earthquakes before and scared that's what was happening.

totally agree w/ cyclist that you need to tell neuro if it's a new symptom or worsening one. there should be meds or PT to help with it.

i also find that if i'm not hydrated enough, it happens more often. i drink usually 64 oz (8, 8 oz glasses) of water. only water or green tea helps me.
      my dxing neuro is the one who told me to do 'water therapy' drink 2 liters of water a day.
      for me, it really helps. lots of research out there that you should get that much water anyway for health, weight, proper functioning of liver/ kidneys, etc.
      so it's one of those things that doesn't hurt to try. if you don't drink near that much now, it'll take your body a few days to adjust. (don't give up, you won't be running to the bathroom forever! )

talk care & GOd bless ya!
      "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

This happens often to me as well just brief feelings that I'm going to tip over or fall backward. Or that the floor shifted and I'm going to fall.

Comment

this is exactly what I experience!

My neuro said it was just being anxious or lacking confidence in walking. What??!! that's crazy! I was hoping there was some quick or definite fix so I can go back to going places and not having the fear of falling from those feelings. any suggestions? Please help.

Comment

Emily: If you are diagnosed they will usually prescribe Valium or Ativan for the dizziness. If you are not diagnosed, you may want to try Meclizine, its OTC.

Take care
            Lisa
            Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
            SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
            Tysabri

Comment

Working...
            X