Heat and Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat and Arizona

I am considering living in Lake Havasu AZ. I have heat intolerance, which is the worst with humidity. Does anyone live near Lake Havasu, and how do you cope with the dry heat?

I don't know where you live now, but I lived in New Mexico on the Colorado border, where it was very cold during the winter and moved to Arizona. What I found out was the heat makes me weaker and I am limited on the time I spend outdoors in the summer, but I feel fantastic in Arizona in the winter. The weakness is a much better trade-off to me than the pain that the bitter cold caused in New Mexico. Hope this helps.

Comment

Heat

Thank you. I've lived in western Washington for 21 years. The winters are gray and wet, and I'd love more sun in my life.
      Summers are pleasant, but once the temperature is above 72 it feels very humid, and the humid heat is what wipes me out (exhaustion). Yet, I've experience 80 plus while visiting my son in Idaho, and felt wonderful- no exhaustion and considerably less physical symptoms.
      I spent the past two weeks visiting in Lake Havasu. I will need to go back when the temperature is in the triple digits.
      Thanks Again.

Comment

Air conditioning, pool, air conditioning, blue ice packs, air conditioning.

Did I mention air conditioning?

Do outdoor activities early in the morning in the summer. Hose yourself off first top to bottom including a hat. When you are dry, it is almost time to stop. When you start to get damp from sweat get into the.........air conditioning.

We have a MasterCool on our house which piggybacks into the air conditioning system. It saves a lot of money in cooling bills. It does not work when it is humid out.

Welcome to Havasu. It really is lovely here. Just be careful of overheating. Drink lots of water and eat/drink things with electrolytes. Bananas, smoothies, and herbal teas are our go-to's.

Comment

Not me

I live in San Francisco, but global climate change has made this place unbearably nice. I need to head north to get in to my element, cold, rainy, foggy is what I liked about SF, but now, it's just warm and sunny like L.A. or something. Yuck.

Please make it rain!

and I would never live anywhere that was as hot as Arizona, it would literally kill me.
          Jim S.

Comment

Lake Havasu

Originally posted by sweetpea22 View Post
            I am considering living in Lake Havasu AZ. I have heat intolerance, which is the worst with humidity. Does anyone live near Lake Havasu, and how do you cope with the dry heat?
            Did you move to Lake Havasu? If so how are you doing in the summer? Worried cause you said you don't tolerate heat well

Lynn

Comment

Working...
            X