MS or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MS or not?

To start with, let me thank you for reading through what is a pretty long post.

I was dx in Nov 2009. My usual symptoms are right side numbness, bladder issues, severe fatigue, and occasional spacisity (usually caused when someone touches me).

Because of the bladder issues, I get UTIs more frequently that most women. When I get a UTI, my symptoms get worse and sometimes even get new ones. (As if a UTI isn't bad enough.) I also don't get the normal UTI symptoms. I usually just have a test done for UTI before I see my neuro (since he's going make me anyway) about anything new.

When the new symptoms pop up, I never know if they are MS or not. For example this time (UTI again!!) I've been very dizzy, odd feelings of vertigo (even when sitting down), I have trouble telling if I'm hot or cold and I can't really tell if I need to use the restroom or not and if I do I can't always tell WHY I need to use the restroom.

Also, when I am startled, my entire body goes numb. The last time I had this, my metal in my fireplace popped pretty loudly.

I don't want to blame everything on MS, because I might have a new issue I need to get a new Ologist for, but I also don't want to sound like a lunatic when I talk to my neuro.

Because of my reaction to the UTI's, I never know if I'm have a flare up.

Am I overthinking, overblaming, being obnoxiously paranoid or what? Please help!!

I don't think you are overreacting at all! These are good questions. If it were me, I would ask my neurologist all of these questions. I get that LOUD SOUND in my ears at times too. It comes at various times for me, and happens almost daily. She knew what I was talking about and didn't blame it on anything besides MS. You will have to talk with your sto try and find an answer. If he/she thinks it is an ENT problem, then he will send you beck to the ENT.

Either way, I hope you feel better soon.

Lisa
    Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
    SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
    Tysabri

Comment

Working...
    X