Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay...my foot is 'flipping out'...literally!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay...my foot is 'flipping out'...literally!

I have just noticed, that when my left foot comes forward, when I walk, it flips outward, and then comes back to center. I hope that makes sense to someone here.

If I concentrate, and step more slowly, I can get it to step forward correctly...but it doesn't do it naturally, anymore, it seems. I do have spasticity in both legs, and I think I have the flexor spasticity...where your knees and hips are stiff (at least, that is what I read somewhere). Maybe that is causing my left foot issues. I also have left-sided numbness (I would say about 30-40% numbness, generally...mainly in the foot).

Also...the Neuro I just saw, said that there was definitely 'something going on' with my left side. Thanks all...this foot issue kind of scared me a bit. It is the first physical 'sign', that I am aware of, that 'displays' my current health issue (whatever it is...I am a limbo lander). Thanks again! Love and Light...Jan.

Reading your other posts, you just had a neuro exam and the doc wanted to watch and monitor you but not treat right now. He used the word 'demyelinating disease' so you are in the ms ballpark, whether or not this turns out to be ms.

Is this thing with your foot a brand new sudden symptom, or just you watching yourself more closely for neurological symptoms and noticing what was already happening?

If sudden, I would want to let my neuro know as soon as possible.

Comment

Pipes...thank you for your good reply! I wish my hubby could tell me how long my foot has been doing this (it is still rather subtle), but he isn't observant in that way.

It's kind of funny...after I horribly failed the first of the 'walking' tests with my Neuro...the heel to toe (ugh!), he just stopped quickly and said, 'okay you can get dressed again' (out of the gown I was in)...so, he never saw me actually walk. It seemed like he felt he had seen enough, to be certain about what was going on with me body. He had already commented that there was something going on, with my left side.

Anyway...I will monitor this foot issue for a few days...if it gets worse, I will definitely let the Neuro know. Thanks again...I hadn't yet thought about notifying my doc! Thanks, Pipes. Jan.

Comment

Working...
      X