Everybody, come join me...I am 'knee-dancing' to the beats!! lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody, come join me...I am 'knee-dancing' to the beats!! lol

Hi, all...My hubby and I were enjoying being in our new 'winter home' (NM) last night, and we have no furniture, etc...so, we were sitting on a blanket on the floor, in our empty living room, listening to a local station on the basic radio we had just purchased (with a wonderful fire burning in the fireplace!)...and a great 70's song came on (now you know my approx age!), and I just 'had to dance'! Boy, did I have a blast, dancing my heart out, until about halfway through the song, and my knees began giving out, and I slowly collapsed to the floor.

Well...the story doesn't end there! A few songs later, one of my all-time favorite songs came on (this one I remember the name of...'Allright Now'!)...and I HAD to dance again, but I knew my knees wouldn't let me. And...after Kimba explained to me recently (under my post titled 'Stiff legs = Spastic legs?), that the ankles are primarily the reason for the buckling knees...and NOT the actual knees....I decided to try knee-dancing!

So...I got up, basically 'standing' on my knees, and danced like crazy to that great song! And...I didn't fall! That really proves your case, Kimba...thanks! And...I still got to dance...albeit while looking pretty funny, I am sure!

That is just one more example of 'accommodation', I guess...where we have a will (to dance!), there is a way! Love and Light, all! Jan.

I am jealous of your weather, as I looked out my window this morning, I saw snow steadily falling on top of the many feet we have already! (I am in northwest Pennsylvania BTW)
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Love your story and attitude, Jan! I can just visualize you knee dancing Just goes to show that when you hear the that rocks your soul, you find a way!

Some of my best dancing in recent years has been to rock out in my rollator or wheelchair!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Good for you! Sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Comment

Working...
        X