am i nuts or is this part of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am i nuts or is this part of it?

I have a hard time focusing, if there is more than one thing going on maybe two things I get scatter brained, confused, nervous. I can't seem to focus on much and when there is to much going on I have to leave the situation before my only other option is to just break down and cry. I stay strong around everyone but my poor wonderful husband gets the tears and he is always able to calm me down but this has gotten worse over the last 2 weeks and I'm not sure if it's my new "norm" or if this will subside! Is this common or am I just a dramatic baby? I was diagnose May of 2013.
    To new to really know...

I would say that what you are experiencing is normal for MS. You have to expect the unexpected, all of the time. I was diagnosed in 2009 and I feel that I have no 'normal'. MS is unpredictable and miserable. I am praying for a 'cure'. Good luck

Comment

Thank you! Makes me feel less crazy. Hoping some responses will help my husband realise it's not all my fault!
      To new to really know...

Comment

I have had times where I have felt the same. I am happy that it is not consistent at this time, but I have noticed a distinct difference in my abilities.

I have tried not to read to much into it. It is worrisome though. I guess we will have to find techniques that get us through the rough patches.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ashleyT View Post
          I have a hard time focusing, if there is more than one thing going on maybe two things I get scatter brained, confused, nervous. I can't seem to focus on much and when there is to much going on I have to leave the situation before my only other option is to just break down and cry. :
          I too have had this happen. I have found that it seems to be worse when I am tired, or overheated.
          The first time my husband saw it I was cooking, The kitchen is open to the den and he was watching tv (with volume turned WAY up). It was simply too much! Even though i was a bit of a witch about it he was understanding, and has since seemed to be more mindful of having too much going on around me at one time.
          My dogs haven't gotten the message yet. Whenever I come in from shopping (which wears me out) they want to make sure I know that they missed me and of course they have to tell me everything the other one did while I was gone. And all I feel up to at those times is putting cold stuff away and laying down...

Comment

I have the most difficult time if things (or loud sounds!) are happening at the same time. Shopping is torture for me. Having company and too many conversations going on at once is difficult too. Sometimes I have to leave the room for a bit or else I shut down. I also have learned to meditate which has helped me.

I found this online from Everyday Health that explains sensory overload, why it happens and tips for coping with it.
            http://www.everydayhealth.com/multip...sclerosis.aspx

Hope this explains why No, ashley! You are not nuts.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thank you so so much for the link, this helps me a ton and will hopefully help friends and family to better understand! So I'm not nuts I just have MS!
              To new to really know...

Comment

I had these issues as well, when thing calm down I tell my husband we are going for a walk. I use this time when I'm calm to explain what's going on with me NOW.

My dear husband could not figure me out before I had issues (PMS) so I surly don't expect him to get it now. With that said I have to come here to figure it out.

He has been my rock in this ever changing journey.

I have just one direct coworker who can be loud and high strung. Due to my management skills and my calm demeanor I can deal with her quite well.

Good luck.

Comment

I too feel this way. Sometimes I feel like I am going nuts.
                  It is a fall out from this miserable disease.
                  You are not alone.
                  RRMS diagnosed 2005
                  Rebif 2005-2008
                  Copaxone 2009-2014
                  SPMS 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X