Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Body temperature

Hello,

Has any of you frequent body temperature changes?

On the one day I'm shivering, even though the temperature in my room is usually the same, and the day after I'm boiling.
    Can it be considered an MS symptom?

I may add that my body temperature has usually been lower than 36.6C (98F?), sometimes it's even less than 96F (hope my converter works properly)

Any piece of advice would be greatly appreciated.
    But I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world,
    Somehow I have to find.
    And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world,
    I will learn to survive.

Yes, another one of my weird symptoms. Causing real trouble right now. I have one side that goes very cold. If I get chilled, my body temp drops. (I only checked because I wondered if I had a fever -- temps range from 95.4 - 96.5. My normal is 98).

It is impossible to warm up from there. Blankets, woodstove, more clothes, car heater -- only thing that works is a really hot bath. I lay in hot, hot water and shiver for about 20 minutes -- as the water cools, I start to feel it get warm. Once I'm warm, I'm fine for the rest of the day.

Difference -- I'm never hot (in winter). Hubby calls me reptilian.

I've had a thyroid workup done - normal. Neuro requested cardiac investigation -- all clear. Two options for you though. Sorry I'm no help because my neuro has not figured it out yet (I'm in limbo, btw).

Comment

thank you Aspen, I'll speak with my MS Nurse about it
      But I won't cry for yesterday, there's an ordinary world,
      Somehow I have to find.
      And as I try to make my way to the ordinary world,
      I will learn to survive.

Comment

Hi Alex

This topic has come up a few times before. It seems that many of us have lower than normal body temperatures. Mine is about 95F to97.1. If I feel sick it goes up to 98.6F which is normal. The problem is that I could have an infection and doctors wouldn't pay any attention with no "fever".

Lately, I've been feeling like I can't get my body the right temperature. I feel hot so I turn on the air conditioner. Then, 5 minutes later I'm shivering so I turn it off. Then I'm hot again. Sometimes I can't decide if I'm hot or cold. Neither feels right. It's all so strange.

But my former primary care doctor who has taken an interest in auto immune diseases says the low body temperature is one of the symptoms. My son also has this. I'm just praying that he doesn't develop one of these conditions. None of them are fun.

Thanks for posting this. There are new people that may be helped by it.

Comment

Working...
        X