Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bring on the cheese! I've got the whine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bring on the cheese! I've got the whine!

I swear to Christmas that if one more person tells me that I look "terrible" or "wow you don't feel well do you?" or "man you look like (insert expletive that rhymes with spit here)" I'm going to stop even trying to look presentable at all. If they are telling me this often WITH makeup on; I would nearly love to see what they had to say if I didn't even try and came in without makeup and in my comfy clothes.

My boss even said, "It's not that you look bad. It's that you don't look good." That sure cleared that right up for me. This is why I told him I hoped his prostate fell out so he could understand just how I truly felt to want to control every tiny aspect of my body but couldn't control it all at once anymore. He walked off in a huff. I suspect it was my use of the word "tiny". (insert evil grin and snarky snort here)

In the past month I've experienced a lot of spasticity, jumbled words, severe spasms in my feet where I feel like it's walking on marbles, a heightened gag reflex where I constantly feel like I'm going to toss my cookies, absolutely no sex drive and a large case of the clumsiness not to mention that I am having a really hard time with blurry vision and migraines. And if that's not sexy enough; I also have tremors going on too!

Naturally my mother's primary concern is that I'm not married. (Insert a so not shocked face here.) I told her I don't know why I am not married. I've got absolutely no desire to jump . I tire out before the load is dry in the dryer so they wrinkle before I can get the gumption going to fold them or hang them up. I haven't been to a hair dresser in months. I work two jobs so by the time I'm done for the day, human contact is the LAST thing I want. Oh wait... maybe it's because my ever so sparkling personality is still sitting in the dryer. I bet it's wrinkled now too. (I don't think she appreciated my humor.)

Small side whine in case you're not already drunk off my massive outpour of whine already; I had the absolute unique pleasure of my first bladder episode. Now THERE is a good time just waiting to unleash a beast of humiliation on ya! Standing there at the part time job and I felt like maybe I had to pee so I took off my apron and laid it on the counter just as my bladder just let go. (Mental note to self, slamming my legs together does not help in this action and it just bruises my knees in the process.) I grabbed the tea jug and pretended to drop it just to cover the fact that I had just peed my pants. So, now I just look like an idiot with the dropsies instead of a potential spokeswoman for Depends. Gosh... decisions decisions!

But on a brighter note: I came home, showered, changed clothes, tripped over my dog, face planted in the hallway and reinjured my rotator cuff in the process. And as I laid there in the hallway I happened to look up at the ceiling contemplating laying there for a few hours (because I figured it was safer if I was already on the floor and close to the bathroom at the same time); I felt a weird warmth in my leg and thought "Great... let's just have a stroke while we're here." But as my little Griffon puppy suddenly appeared by my head and licked my cheek as he walked on by me; I realized that I've been peed on not once but twice inside an hour's time.

Yep... sometimes getting out of bed is more than enough fun for the day. If you go any further than that you're just asking for it.

Your whine brought a little bit of a smile to my face. I love your sense of humor in the face of adversity. To me, that goes a long way in helping you to remain positive and focused.

Comment

Not sure if your whine was intended to help us find humor again, but it certainly did! I too have been dealing with the Depends issue over the past 2 weeks. I flew into to visit my grown kids and grandchildren only to have 3 accidents during my stay...

I couldn't make myself purchase Depends upon returning... as I stood in the isle .... I was only able to force myself to pull down a pack of "light day" pads.... Thought I would slowly "ease" myself into this very dreaded new normal!

Would someone tell my kidneys that is our plan? Light day pads instead of Depends.... Wow, this IS NOT on my wish list.... so guess if I can learn to laugh about it, somehow I can accept it.....

Comment

OMG Sun. Terrible day. So sorry.
        Quick thinking with the dropped tea. Good save there. And that was a very reasonable idea to just stay on the floor while you were there. I have had that idea sometimes myself
        But you are so mean! I laughed so hard reading your post that I almost peed myself

Comment

sunandmoonschild;
          Thanks for giving me humor about such an annoying problem. Your puppy sounds like an true angel and you, a true warrior!

So sorry you are having such a hard time. Glad you seem to deal with it, much better than I do. fed

Comment

Maybe the angel of angst! LOL

Originally posted by Fed Up View Post
            sunandmoonschild;
            Your puppy sounds like an true angel and you, a true warrior!

fed
            Considering the little snot ball was the one that peed on me the second time... I'm missing his angelic side LOL!!!

And then he pops up there and licks my cheek like "Neener Neener You can't get me!"

Comment

Thank you for helping me see some humor in "letting go", aka, peeing on one's self. Had that pleasant experience the other evening when I tried to wait longer than my pesky bladder wanted. We all know who/what wins in those situations, but some of us have to test it I guess! Wish I'd had your tea pitcher though. Clever ruse...

Comment

Have not had this experience and I am sorry that you are dealing with it. However, you made me laugh. Thanks for showing us that we can still find the humor in most situations.

Comment

Your dark humor nigh took me out- I was eating granola and laughed to the "snort" point and just about choked. Thanks for the light side of the dark side. Your pooch was just marking its turf- a wee bit of competition.

Comment

I'm sorry for the trouble you're having -- but thanks for sharing your thoughts! You are a great communicator, and if you have a blog, please sign me up .

Comment

Awesome post! I guess it's true what they say, "Attitude is everything!" Thanks for the laughs

Comment

Working...
                      X