Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue induced tremors

Hi all,
    I'm wondering if anyone else has fatigue induced tremors. I am starting to notice that when I'm tired, certain muscles will start to shake. For example, I tend to use my thumb to scroll through windows on my cell phone. It shakes visibly if I try to do so when I'm tired. I can easily stop these tremors by supporting the muscles, and they don't necessarily start again when i let go. I do realize that this is probably a muscle weakness somehow. Any ideas what might be going on?

Yes, I have tremors, mostly in my right hand. Though I relate mine to overdoing it than true fatigue. My true MS fatigue is on a whole other level than just being tired all the time.

Comment

I get that in my right hand which is my weak side. I usually get tremors first thing in the morning when I reach over to turn off the alarm.

My physiatrist thinks it is just weakness combined with nerve damage.

Comment

For a muscle to shake it has to be contracting. If it's contracting it probably isn't weak so it doesn't sound like muscle weakness.

Tremors come from nerve transmission problems and the muscles are just responding to the nerve signals they're getting. It makes sense that when a person with MS gets fatigued the nerve signals aren't firing or transmitting correctly.

It sounds like when you are tired the work load for those muscles is more than the nerve signals can keep up with so the muscles start to shake trying to keep up with the demand. By supporting the muscles you reduce the work load so that the muscles aren't being asked to do more than they can keep up with with the faulty nerve signals they're getting.

There are all kinds of tremors. If you google you might be able to find a description that sounds like what's going on with you.

Comment

I started PT the other day.

Had full body tremors after 30 minutes of working out. Therapist wanted to know how long they lasted. Told her at least an hour. She said, guess we are done then. Had to giggle.

She was a lot easier today.

KK

Comment

Working...
          X