Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It is quite possible that I may cut off my toes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is quite possible that I may cut off my toes!!

Hi,
    I am having the most incredible pain ever today on all ten toes!! Shooting pain, cramping, feeling like my feet are on fire! Before I get the knife and a pint, any advice? Gabapentin makes me nauseous, tired and loopy--so no good. I took 4 Advil today, but that hasn't helped. It is hard to walk! And the icing on the cake, I got a flipping parking ticket today at my son's school b/c there was no way I could walk more than 50 feet, so I used the 15 minute space. I better not get one at pickup! Thanks for listening, just haven't been very good-humored the past 24 hours.
    Be well, Kelly

I'm sorry about the pain. I have it too. I can feel ever bone in my feet and they feel like they have been stomped by a horse. I take Gabapentin and Hydrocodone. That takes the edge off but doesn't really help that much.

I hope you get some relief. Please don't cut off your toes, you need them!

Comment

@Amy

Thanks for the pick me up. Fortunately I know my pain ebbs and flows to another body area, so I just need to deal. I just started taking Copaxone two weeks ago and am wondering if that could be causing some of the toe and foot joint pain (though primarily nervy). Do you know anything about that? Elbows, knees and neck have also been sore in a different than MS symptom way. Thanks! Off to find a safe place to park at school--seriously bummed about ticket--it's the holidays!!!! Xxkt

Comment

Sorry you are having so much pain, KellyTour. It probably won't make your feet feel better, but it is a common sx among us and maybe knowing this will help you hold onto your feet! Here's another post about it and some suggestions to help alleviate the pain. http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129538

My feet hurt all day long and one thing I do when it gets bad is to soak them in either cool or warm water depending on the day. It doesn't last tho. Sometimes it hurts so badly to walk, I wish that I could just walk on my hands! Anyway, I feel your pain. If this continues, maybe call your Doctor and have a script for something different than Gabapentin. That didn't work for me either.

Aren't there any handicap parking spaces at the school?

Hope you feel better soon
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Attn Seasha

Thanks for your post. I will check out the link, and soaking does help, will do later. I have been reluctant to get a parking placard b/c yes, my ms sx make it difficult to walk (pain, stiffness, fatigue, instability), but for the most I get around really well. Take care, kt

Comment

Definitely get an accessible parking permit!

Comment

I strongly urge you to reconsider a h/c placard, trust me, you'll be so glad you did... and on those days when you get around ok, don't use it. I know from experience, after I swallowed my silly pride!

Can you fight the parking ticket? Is there an option listed on the ticket for this purpose? If so, it's worth a try. I hope you start feeling a bit better.

Jen
              RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
              "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Retail therapy

So instead of cutting off my toes, I bought myself a pair of super cool high top Pumas! I feel like a fly girl and my tingly toes are comfortable and my kooky ankles are supported! I am a flip flop kind of girl, buy when my feet are numb I can't wear them. Stupid MS problem! Haha! Thanks for the comments!!! xxkt

Comment

lol; retail therapy, never heard that one...cute.
                  Sure glad it helps. fed

Comment

Attn Fed

Helps the sole (misspell intentional), but not the bank account! Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                    X