Tachycardia...Anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tachycardia...Anyone???

Anyone got this too??? thanks for any response's..

my heart rate was 153 yesterday, I generally have syncopy at 112. It remained alarmingly high and my B/P issues continue.

I checked in the ER and my B/P was fine and borderline tachy with 102. My B/P heart rhythm looked real good to me and was fine. I checked back out and went to to get my Rx and felt a sharp heartpain, like a few sharp hic-ups of the heart.

My B/P cuff was on and I took my V.S; My pulse suddenly dropped to 77..a little high for me, but the way I felt was different. Back to the ER. then it was back UP.

All the testing came out normal and after some Nitro it and my B/P was normal for the first time in a year on the B/P

Today it has been around 98 and is right now 78.

Is this going to be my new normal too....up and down pulse and B/P?? That really sucks!

I spent the night in the ER with my little dog. Wasn't expecting to, but it was nice to be observed and monitered for 11 hours and every test possible done! My EKG is just fine, my heat was just too fast.

just Fed Up today!

oops a mental hic-up; 77 and less, is a normal for me, not a high. oops

Comment

Fed, perhaps you have Autonomic Dysreflexia like so many of us do with MS. You should ask your cardiologist about it, if you have one. If not, the next time this sends you to the ER, ask for one or ask about this. Neurologists are not very good with it. Medications to manage it are available and work quite well. It comes from brainstem lesions.

Good luck!
      Take care
      Lisa
      Disabled RN with MS for 14 years
      SPMS EDSS 7.5 Wheelchair (but a racing one)
      Tysabri

Comment

22Cyclist; I had a home holter monitor earlier in the year, this is new a couple days ago. My cardiologist cannot find anything...

I have a call to her now and my primary.

Thank YOU so much, I needed your input. I asked the ER doc, but she had no clue. I had an MRI a couple weeks ago and when I asked the nurse to go back and ask her, he said, 'she is gone.'

I mentioned a 'lesion' immediately after the initial exam. I feel certain, she did not want to address that issue.

There are so few MS patients in my large HMO that, I rely more on my primary, now that he has taken several continuing education class's on it. I'll call the neuro too and get in for the results.

MS has made me complacent about my own test results; I fear worse and don't want to hear it.
        Thank You 22Cyclist
        fed

Comment

Lisa, read it over...sure sounds that is EXACTLY like what happened to me!

The neuro is saying the lesions on my spine are injury, but i've never injured my T spine and the C spine was minor, really.

fed

Comment

I've have SVT

Supraventricular tachycardia, which I'm almost positive not related to MS.

My heart rate stayed around 200 for 6 hrs. once & I had to have ER intervention to bring it down.

I still have tachycardia on & off but medication is controlling it to where it isn't bad.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble.
            Tl-Tr3
            DX'07 MS- on Tysabri-

Comment

Working...
            X