Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indoor winter heating sensitivity?

Hello!

I know it's not winter quite yet, but I've noticed that my symptoms seem to increase with the higher indoor temperatures now that our local outdoor temperatures have dropped below freezing. For instance, if my house gets too warm, I will begin to feel a little dizzy or weak until I open a window or go outside. Usually, I can control the temps at home (for the most part), but my local gym has been a real problem for me as they have been turning up the temps and I REALLY notice it. Restaurants can be difficult, too. Even after I take my coat off, it still seems so hot!

I'm just curious to see if anyone else has a similar issue during the colder months.

Yup! I don't drive anymore so I dress appropriately for the weather outside. Once I get on the bus (or in a store, or a friend's house, or even my own house) I start boiling. Layers of clothes start coming off, sometimes all outerwear is removed... just to go back into the cold again... gotta start adding layers again.

Geez, it's only November! This goes on until April-ish... then have to do the exact opposite to accomodate the heat outside!

A lesson in frustration to say the least! Good luck.

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Indoor heat is a bother at times

Yes, indoor heating during the cold months can be a real bother. At home, I can keep the house cooler, but at work I find myself suffering at times. The heat can really wipe me out. I find myself taking extra breaks just to go outside to cool down.
      RRMS since July 2010.

Comment

Heat summer and Winter

I have this awful heat too. I am always hot and have to wear light clothes summer and winter. I have told my neurologist this but he passes it off like he never heard of that! It is not in my head! He wanted to send me to a psychologist. I was so mad but again helpless and hopeless . I was so glad to hear that I am not the only one.

Comment

Yes! I work in a shared office and it is just warm enough to cause me a problem but my coworkers still complain of cold feet/hands. Stores are hard too, they seem to always crank up the heat. I always dress in layers so I can really strip down if needed.

Comment

Working...
          X