Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@ Weekly Vets Muster on the MS deck, April 24 11

Weekly Muster on the mess deck

All veterans, active duty, family even LimboLanders are ALL welcome here. As veterans we have some different situations and issues than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Please......... Drop in and say HI at least once per muster. We want to know you are doing OK, hope better than just OK. With REGULAR musters we can get to know our fellow vets better and build a sense of UNITY. If you run across a fellow Vet elsewhere on MSWorld, please let them know we are here so they can join us.

Hope everyone is doing well !

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educational conference calls.
    http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp

If you have not done so yet, please post an intro in the thread titled "Vets Master Muster & intros". Please post only your into there so it ONLY contains your into. You can always start a new thread for questions or other issues.

How was YOUR week?
    Any recent Doc appts or tests at the VA or elsewhere?
    Anything new coming up Soon?
    ...............................at the VA or elsewhere?

= = = = = =

Gomer Have GoGo, will Go Go Go

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

That is how I sum up last week "medically".

I had my annual exam (skipped last year due to long relapse) and so I find that my cholesterol and my triglycerides are off the chart.

Now I get to change my diet..(more) and I get to exercise.

OK, OK, I need the exercise but really, I don't eat poorly.

I know some people make bad "stuff" but mine is so off, she just shook her head.

Gonna call the Beta Nurse when I get done here and tomorrow get some Niacin supplements (slow one) and then join the Gym.

Yee Haw!!! Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I am taking it on the chin as when I sit, I see the weight that I must loose.

Comment

Still here, so is the MS.. Went to OT, was given a seat for the bathtub, rails for the commode, measured for a cooling vest (YEA!!), and rails for the tub wall. I have a call in for batteries for my scooter (finally agree, it will help me conserve energy), a new lift for the scooter, and am trying to see if they have a drafting chair (thank you MSWorld forums for that idea!!) so that I can cook again!

I've been farmed out for PT, and will have my first appointment in late May (ugh, I want to go now!).

The VA has come a LONG way, since I was dx'd back in 97, and I'm still thrilled to have the Neuro I have now. I will have another MRI on May 5th.

Hope all my comrades are doing well!!
      MS, it's a brain thang!
      Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Update on the cholesterol issues

Given two options:

Change meds or add a cholesterol medication.

We are working on the pre-authorization for the cholesterol medication.

Doc said the beta will work against whatever I do with diet and exercise with the levels so high.

Maybe when we get them under control, can we try to go off the cholesterol medication.

At least the MonSter is being quiet while I am having to deal with this.

Comment

Has your Dr. mentioned Niacin yet? My mother had really high numbers and her doc wanted her to try niacin suppliments before going on an actual med.
          In her case it didn't work but I know there used to be a lot of talk about it.

Comment

Received a call from the VA yesterday.... the VA considers a drafting chair to be furniture, and will not supply it (bummer), so I ordered one off of Amazon and can't wait for it to come in!!!

Occupational Therapy was thankful for the information concerning using a drafting chair in the kitchen, and I made sure I let them know that I got that idea from MSWorld!
            MS, it's a brain thang!
            Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Working...
            X