• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, long read.

[quote]source: http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,229352,00.html

VA Care End Eyed for 1.3 Million Vets
    Tom Philpott | April 07, 2011

*****copied and pasted material removed as per our guidelines (copyright issues). The article is readily available at the URL above*****

I'm not pro or anti at this point, I just noticed it glosses over people who have lost their health care due to economic/cost cutting reasons.

For those who are now confused , the gist is that Rep. Paul Ryan wants to introduce legislation so that priority 7 and 8 vets are exempt from VA services, which is claimed will save 6 billion per year.
    Priority 7 and 8 status (basically) means you are rated at 0% disability by the VA and have annual income above $32K a year.
    No big deal until you factor in vets in MS limbo who don't live in a cardboard box.

Comment

It doesnt surprise me that thy want to cut out benny's for the VETS who have given there lives in service to this country...wont say anything else cause momma always said if you cant say anything nice dont say anything at all. That being said i think you get the just of it LOL

Comment

Well, it kinda begs some questions.
        From the article, this would target vets (who earned their VA services the day they got their honorable discharge, period) with a 0% disabilty rating who earn more than 32 grand a year. In other words, 1.3 million vets who supposedly cost the VA 6 billion bucks each year. That's roughly 5 grand a head for annual services and prescriptions for healthy people.
        Sounds innocent until you try to figure out just who in the heck they are talking about.

Comment

Working...
        X