The VA came through for me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The VA came through for me!

I received a call from the local VA letting me know that the mistake in my file had been corrected. They have mailed me a letter letting me know when my first appointment is. I am so thrilled just to have health care available again.

I have been without copaxone and head to skip expensive tests that my neuro ordered. I have paid for whatever I can on my own but that has been limited.

how wonderful!

That must be a load off your mind! Having no insurance when you have any illness can be a real drain on your resources. I'm paying for Cobra coverage right now and it's eating my savings.

Comment

It sounds like you're doing all of this on your own.
      Check the sticky threads at the top of this forum, its really handy to find a representative who's trained to look out for you with the VA.
      As you've learned, the VA has its own way of doing things and its own beaurocracy (and forms, 100's and 100's of forms).
      Having a service officer on your side means you can look out for you while they handle the paperwork.

Comment

I have been down this road before with my husband, so we know how it goes. The V.A. has improved a lot over the past 15 years. We are well networked throughout the system and so far so good. If we get stuck I will look for outside help. Right now I am working with regional V.S.O.
        My first appointment is April 22nd - you used to be left waiting for months, so I am happy about it.

Comment

Working...
        X