Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly Vets Muster on the MS deck, Mar 06 '11

Weekly Muster on the mess deck

All veterans, active duty, family even LimboLanders are ALL welcome here. As veterans we have some different situations and issues than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Please......... Drop in and say HI at least once per muster. We want to know you are doing OK, hope better than just OK. With REGULAR musters we can get to know our fellow vets better and build a sense of UNITY. If you run across a fellow Vet elsewhere on MSWorld, please let them know we are here so they can join us.

Hope everyone is doing well !

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educational conference calls.
    http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp
    What: Patient and Caregiver conference calls
    When: Second Monday of each month
    Time: 5-6pm PT, 6-7pm MT, 7-8pm CT, 8-9pm ET
    How: call 1.800.767.1750, wait to hear the welcome
    ........ message then punch the code 43157#

If you have not done so yet, please post an intro in the thread titled "Vets Master Muster & intros". Please post only your into there so it ONLY contains your into. You can always start a new thread for questions or other issues.

How was YOUR week?
    Any recent Doc appts or tests at the VA or elsewhere?

SPRNG is now week closer

Anything new coming up Soon?
    ...............................at the VA or elsewhere?

Gomer Have GoGo, will Go Go Go

Hi, hi, hi.... still here, still have MS, but now a bit more accepting of it.

Spent some time online doing some research/studying....for some strange reason I keep trying to prove the Doctors wrong, but it's not working out like I had hoped.

Still taking my Rebif, and shocked as all heck at my attitude change towards it.

Found out a friend of my daughter's was just dxd with MS, her email to me brought back soooooooo many memories of the journey I've been through. She's going to be starting Rebif, and is just as needle shy as I am. It felt good to let her in on the tricks I've learned, premeding, using heat before the shot, and that lovely autoinjector. I told her that I NEVER thought I would EVER be able to just accept taking the needle as a routine, yet here I am! I directed her to this site, and hope she takes the time to come and check it out!!!

Hope everyone has an awesome week!!!
    MS, it's a brain thang!
    Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

My week

Happy Spring Break!!!
      I have been struggling to maintain for the past few weeks, but now that I am on break, I can clean this mess of a house and catch up with my long lost friend, Mr. Rest peacefully. Somehow I got my appointment wrong and looked like a fool when I showed up for my MRI a full week early. But the good news is that instead of having to wait for a week or more for the results, my neuro told me to just show up at his office during lunch time the day after the MRI so that we can go over the results. I have never had a doc do that for me so i really don't know what to expect.

Somewhere deep down in my little girl heart I am hoping that the neuro will come back and say "I don't know what those Army docs were talking about, there's no lesions and def no MS in that head of yours!" I know how silly it sounds, but I am semi expecting for the doc to tell me that the tests were wrong and there is nothing wrong with me. I'm sure this sort of thinking is dysfunctional, but I can't force myself to let go of that hope. But I don't think my feelings will be hurt when he shows me the lesions and tells me that my dx from 2006 is still the same.
      I am still taking the meds and I'm taking care of myself just as I should. I hate the shots, but I know that they are for my health and I just deal with it.

I took my midterms and totally stunk up the place. I went blank for one of them and even started making up words on my biology exam, I'm sure it didn't help me at all, but I was laughing and spinning in circles while everybody else was stressing.

I have moved out of my bed with my hubby and onto an air mattress. My body hurts when I lay in our bed, but the air mattress is super comfy. I am slowly adjusting to the news the my husband will be going to Afghanistan before the end of the year. It stinks, but being a veteran def helps me understand his duty.

I am currently potty training my toddler, among other life tickles, but so far my floor has been dry. Here's to a great week!

Comment

A link for a good decision in favor of those still fighting to get benefits
        http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/0...eterans-030111
        Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

VA MS Patient Ed call-in March 14

Greetings all,

The Education calls for March are as follows:

PATIENT

Date: Monday, March 14, 2011

Time: 8:00 – 9:00 pm, ET
          7-8 pm CT
          6-7 pm MT
          5-6 pm PT

Topic: DMTS and MS

Speaker: Michael Carrithers, MD
          VAMC, Madison, WI

Dial in number: 1-800-767-1750, access code-43157#

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

PS: Forwarded message above courtsey of Sparky10, THANKS Sparky.

Gomer .Know what MS is, but Clueless about DMTS

Comment

Working...
          X