Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly Vets Muster on the MS deck, Feb 13 2011

Weekly Muster on the mess deck

All veterans, active duty, family even LimboLanders are ALL welcome here. As veterans we have some different situations and issues than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Please......... Drop in and say HI at least once per muster. We want to know you are doing OK, hope better than just OK. With REGULAR musters we can get to know our fellow vets better and build a sense of UNITY. If you run across a fellow Vet elsewhere on MSworld, please let them know we are here so they can join us.

Hope everyone is doing well !

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educatinal conference calls.
    http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp
    What: Patient and Caregiver conference calls
    When: Second Monday of each month
    Time: 5-6pm PT, 6-7pm MT, 7-8pm CT, 8-9pm ET
    How: call 1.800.767.1750, wait to hear the welcome
    ........ message then punch the code 43157#

If you have not done so yet, please post an intro in the thread titled "Vets Master Muster & intros". Please post only your into there so it ONLY contains your into. You cna always start a new thread for questions or other issues.

How was YOUR week?
    Any recent Doc apts or tests at the VA or elsewhere?

Anything new comming up Soon? at the VA or elsewhere? I get my MS care at the VA but use my medicare for my other health care needs.

Gomer Have GoGo, will Go Go Go

Still here, as is my MS... Though it was a tough week, sick in bed all week with the flu, it turned out to be an awesome week, thanks to you Gomer, and the thread you started on breathing! Knowing there is at least one, actually more, other than me, that experiences this strange symptom has been a MAJOR relief for me. I believe it was back in October, when the Neuro informed me that my "dreams" weren't dreams, and I didn't know how to deal with it. Knowing others experience it during their awake time also, took a huge weight off of me.
    Tomorrow night is my sleep study, and I'm not dreading it one tenth as much as I was. I haven't had one of my non-breathing dreams in a little while, and wonder if anything will show up. Could just be I don't remember having the dream! We'll see and I'll post my results when I get them.
    Once again, thank you Gomer!!!
    MS, it's a brain thang!
    Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

Well, this didn't exactly shock me.
      When I did the last eye exam the Opto mentioned that he was seeing scar tissue in my good eye. Like I mentioned, I'm not sure if this was an "overlap" deal when I was first starting Beta or if this is new stuff.
      Got a "Gee, we haven't seen you in a while" letter last week from the Neuro unit and now I've got labs and a sit down with my doc set up for when I go back later this month for Viz Field.
      I'm thinking that Opto threw a flag.

Comment

WACVet.....I am GLAD that in some way I helped you, and anyone else. We have to make the most and enjoy the GOOD days and weeks.

I am considering seeking a local neuro for backup in case of an urgent MS related problem, just in case. I started a thread on thi in the general forum.

Gomer

Comment

Working...
        X