VA med shipments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA med shipments

I am livid! I submitted my refill request for my Rebif to the VA, the other day.

I've been sick all week with the flu, which has left me weaker than I ever remember being.

This evening, I asked my daughter to go out and get the mail. I have a fairly long driveway, so if we don't need to drive somewhere, we normally leave the mail until we have to go out. My daughter returned with the box from the VA, which she informed me was left on the side, in my driveway! My phone number was right on the shipping label, but I never so much as received a call from UPS informing me of the delivery! There is no way the package could have been seen from the house, but it sure as heck could be seen by anyone driving down the road.

All I keep thinking is, "what if I didn't have my daughter go get the mail?" That's 12 syringes that anyone could have walked away with! I'm fairly sure the VA would have replaced them for me, but 12 syringes out there for anyone to grab? Of course, you can't get anyone on the phone at UPS, so Monday morning I'm calling the VA Pharmacy up to let them know how careless UPS is!
    MS, it's a brain thang!
    Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

hmm

My insurance sends my Avonex via FedEx and requires a signature. They always say if it has to be resent, i will have to pay the $9k, yada yada

Comment

Unfortunately, unless you ask for a signature to be required for delivery, UPS and Fed Ex for that matter, will just leave the box on the doorstep, driveway, or wherever it is convenient. It isn't their policy to call before delivery or even knock on a door when delivering. The call to refill your rx was essentially your delivery notice. When ever they say to expect it, UPS and Fed Ex believe you are aware the delivery is coming and will be looking for it.

You can certainly call the pharmacy, but unless your meds have been stolen or damaged, it's unlikely they'll say much more than call UPS. Calling UPS probably won't do much either except allow you a nice vent.

You could do one of 2 things. You could ask for a signature to be required, which means it has to be placed in someone's hands or they leave a notice they were there and you can pick it up or have it delivered on the next day. Or you talk directly to your delivery person. Both my Fed Ex and UPS guys know the white styrofoam box are medications and both will come to my door, knock and wait for me to answer the door, even when I don't request the signature.

Comment

I don't call the VA for the refills, I've been doing it online, so I have no idea when it's sent or will arrive. Guess I will call the next time, and have them request a signature. I'm afraid some kids would get a hold of them and either use them or shoot up some other drug using the syringes! There is absolutely no way I could have gotten it, had my daughter not gone out to get the mail. I'm so weak and wobbly from the flu, walking the few feet to the bathroom is a major trek for me!
        MS, it's a brain thang!
        Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

If you refill online than you can also check when it was filled on the same page look at prescription refill history , specialty drugs are supposed to ship next day air from the va . My ampyra is shipped to the VA and then they ship it to me and do not ask for signature.
          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

UPS just leaves my cooler-box w/my copaxone on the front pourch. They never so much as knock on the door.
            I wish they would at least knock so I would eventually (what me slo?) make it to the door to check.

Gomer Dr., Been There, Done That

Comment

Working...
            X