Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL Vets Muster on the MS deck, Dec. 05 2010

Weekly Muster on the MS Deck

All veterans, active duty and family are ALL welcome here. As veterans we have some different situations and issues than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Please......... Drop in and say HI at least once per muster. We want to know you are doing OK, hope better than just OK. With REGULAR musters we can get to know our fellow vets better and build a sense of UNITY. If you run across a fellow Vet elsewhere on MSworld, please let them know we are here so they can join us.

Seems our weekly muster is easier to find when I use the yelow triangle icon..SO... this week its a triangle and hope ALL our crew member find this.

Hope everyone is doing well !

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educatinal conference calls.
    http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp
    What: Patient and Caregiver conference calls
    When: Second Monday of each month
    Time: 5-6pm PT, 6-7pm MT, 7-8pm CT, 8-9pm ET
    How: call 1.800.767.1750, wait to hear the welcome
    ........ message then punch the code 43157#

If you have not done so yet, please post an intro in the thread titled "Vets Master Muster & intros". Please post only your into there so it ONLY contains your into. You cna always start a new thread for questions or other issues.

How was YOUR week?

Anything new comming up? at the VA or elsewhere? I get my MS care at the VA but use my medicare for my other health care needs.

Note I am planning to update my 'puter sys today. So I may (hope not) have delays getting back on here. Now you guys and gals be a good crew, be nice and helpfull to each other, just in case.

Gomer Double flakey day outisde and in here?

Gomer took his Sno Go out for its first ever spin in da SNOW! Ok its just a GoGo scooter 3 wheeler, it ran fine thru the flake dusting on the ground.... What di ya think I tried to traverse inches of deep fluff?

I made a flat table like platform that fits my scooter basket for tonite. I have a Christmas pot luck tonite and needed something to carry my plate.

Now Y'all be good, stay warm and enjoy those warn 60+ deg weather, or IF you are likewise blessed with cold flakey weather, bundle up.

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.

Comment

went to my first VA support group meeting today, I am amazed at the different things I was told other than what the GP told me. The main infusion nurse runs the group, she told me they are an authorized infusion ctr for TY, she asked me about my claim for disability and called the PVA rep to make sure he had the request and to see if I needed to supply anything else, she spent time with me explaining what I was eligible for now and what I would get if my claim is approved. She also checked to see if my GP had been changed and it was not and called someone and got it done. My 1st appointment with a neuro there was with a dr that isn't real good on MS, she called the clinic and got me changed over to the "Good" ms neuro. She told me that as soon as I get out of my appoint. with him to come to her office and she will set me up for my infusion.
      I couldn't be more happy with the way I was treated today. it actually made me feel like someone really cared and that I wasn't just my last four of my ss#.
      She is also going to talk to the neuro so he will get me set up for a 4 month trial of the walk aide.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

I am happy to say my VA Neurologist put in an order for Rebif for me, and within 2 hours the VA approved it!! It's been a decade since I've taken Avonex, and this last exacerbation made me realize I can't lie to myself any longer. I started the Rebif on the 1st of December, and so far everything is going well. The needle isn't as horrible as the one for the Avonex, and thankfully it isn't into the muscle! Since I am so thin, I've requested the autoinjecter that only goes 3/8" into the skin. The VA has made some awesome changes in the past 10 years!!
        MS, it's a brain thang!
        Proud to have served, U.S Army WAC

Comment

First Nuero appt at the VA today was very happy with the visit, they set me up for my Ty, first infusion there next week, also getting me my Ampyra, did blood test for liver for Ty, set me up for annual MRIs, and will be rcvg a test walk aid for 4 months the week after christmas.
          Nuero down graded my condition, he said it was not as severe a case as my reg Nuero had it listed as and agreed that my walking is much better with Ampyra as compared to my other nueros notes and tests.
          He wants me to take a look at the new oral med in 6 months and see what if any problems are showing up and maybe change to it if all looks good for it at that time.
          The nurse had reviewed my med records and said there are numerous entries in them in my favor for disability and will forward that info to PVA rep.
          Over all so far very happy and impressed with thier MS clinic people.
          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Working...
          X