Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALL Vets Muster on the MS deck, Gobble Gobble Nov. 21 2010

Weekly Muster on the MS Deck

All veterans, active duty and family are ALL welcome here. As veterans we have some different situations and issues than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Please......... Drop in and say HI at least once per muster. We want to know you are doing OK, hope better than just OK. With REGULAR musters we can get to know our fellow vets better and build a sense of UNITY. If you run across a fellow Vet elsewhere on MSworld, please let them know we are here so they can join us.

Seems our weekly muster is easier to find when I use the yelow triangle icon..SO... this week its a triangle and hope ALL our crew member find this.

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educatinal conference calls.
    http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp
    What: Patient and Caregiver conference calls
    When: Second Monday of each month
    Time: 5-6pm PT, 6-7pm MT, 7-8pm CT, 8-9pm ET
    How: call 1.800.767.1750, wait to hear the welcome
    ........ message then punch the code 43157#

If you have not done so yet, please post an intro in the thread titled "Vets Master Muster & intros". Please post only your into there so it ONLY contains your into. You cna always start a new thread for questions or other issues.

How was YOUR week?

Anything new comming up? at the VA or elsewhere? I get my MS care at the VA but use my medicare for my other health care needs.

Gomer Sez, Beware of flying Turkeys!

Happy Turkey day!!

I hope everybody has a good Thanksgiving!

Unfortunately, I am not looking forward to mine too much. We are going to my SO's sister's house. That is ok, but we are bringing his 86 yo father, and 24 yo son and the new puppy, all in my car for a 2.5 hour drive. I am already tired thinking about it!

To be honest, I just don't feel I have the energy to be social and manage the trip, but I can't disappoint either. I will probably be taking naps!

Health-wise, I've been doing better since cold weather has moved in. I am just dealing with fatigue mostly. Weekends come and I sleep 12 hours. Otherwise, I am functioning pretty well at work.

Overall, I can't complain!

Comment

Some Drs. appointments. Will have family over for dinner on Thursday. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Its been a weird month.
        Started out when someone had a link for Military.com where I find out an old buddy I hadn't seen since 1989 lives about 50 miles from here. I get him into Subvets where we also pick up two more members (one is another diesel boat guy, the other served aboard the Halibut and has any sea story competition won hand's down*) and we find out there's a reunion for our old boat next June.
        From there, its been contacting old buds from the Barbel to make sure the reunion is going to be a good time.
        This is usually the time of year when I remember I have MS , but so far so good.

*Google "USS Halibut and Glomar Explorer"

Comment

HI Bob........
          Sounds like you have had a fantastic week!

At least a couple vet showed up this week already.

I have a VA GM clinic apt next week. I have been putting together docs to support some testing I plan to ask for.

AEP audio evoked potential for my hearing loss, to TRY and determine if my hearing loss is MS related.

Diabetes antibody testing, I think I fit the LADA (autoimmune) catagory better than my current label of type-2.

I would also like to get thyroid function & antibody testing as well, not a top priority but maybe. I have several risk factors and possable Sx as well. My comb has been running off with some of my topside crop lately.

Doc Gomer Doctor of, Been There, Done That.

Comment

Hope all have a good Thanksgiving!!
            Have gone thru all the steps for upgrade.. last was today.. hope I get some good news.
            Keep fingers crossed for me.
            Keep the shiney side up... take care all

Comment

Working...
            X