Announcement

Collapse

CHANGES AT MSWORLD - MSWORLD'S CLOSURE

We began with a mission and purpose to help others living with MS.

We were excited to get going!

And hit a few bumps along the way…

However, in all seriousness, we remain grateful for our amazing volunteers, members & all who have made MSWorld a valuable resource for all!

July 10, 2024, we celebrated the goodness of these past 28 years. With a heavy heart, we will be ending our services.

We need a financial miracle to keep going forward.

We thank all for your support.

MSWorld's website will close on October 16, 2024.

“I personally want to wish all of you the guidance to find this type of support, as so many do here. Also, my prayers and love extends beyond my understanding. It has been a pleasure to steward this journey.”

God Bless you, Kathleen

Kathleen Wilson
Founding President
❤️

we leave knowing that
we did our best and
stayed true to our mission and purpose.

Please visit our General Questions and Answers forum to read more.
See more
See less

Vets Master Muster & Intros

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI, Y'all!!

I'm Melissa, was on AD as an Army JAG 1991-2000 and reserve JAG till 2004. I currently work for the VA as an attorney.

I was diagnosed with MS last year (2014), but had symptoms for years. It was hard to get a diagnosis (although they did all the test, the VA doctors didn't want to diagnose me), mainly because I didn't fit the "profile" of 20-40's (I was 55 when diagnosed). The VA doc told me if I were 35, it would be a no brainer that I have MS. I ended up getting diagnosed by an outside MS Clinic. The VA has been great in treating me now that I have a diagnosis.

I get most of my care through the VA. I love my NP in the womens' clinic, and although there can be red tape (like getting shoulder surgery done outside), overall I am very pleased with the care I get.

I believe a Navy guy was complaining about the daily Copaxone shots. My VA will order the 3 times/week Copaxone for me. You might look into that.
    Melissa

Comment

Working...
    X