Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vets Muster on the MS deck, Sept 19 2010

ATTENTION all veterans...
    ....Time to FALL IN for Muster on the MS deck.

Question? Are there other veterans here interested in say a weekly thread by for and about us veterans with MS?

If we can have a good musters here, maybe Sparky will set us up with our own Vet forum. Hey that would make threads regarding Veterans topics much easier to find in the friendly seas of MSworld. Sparky, get your janitor ready!

As veterans we have some different situations than most civilian MSers. We deal with the VA and some of us get our medical care thru VA medical Centers, issues of getting help with disability and pensions etc.

Lately the VA seems to be trying harder to give us MS care, at least for me that seems to be the case at my local VA clinic and VAMC in Ann Arbor mi.

The VA web site..... (link below) list notice of free monthly educatinal conference calls. While no specific info is list currently for Sept 2010, it does state they are on the second Monday of each month. I just checked an so far no topic etc shown for Sept, just Aug, but keep checking, that may get updated (I hope) this week after the Labor Day holiday.

http://www4.va.gov/MS/articles/Educa...ence_Calls.asp

What: Patient and Caregiver conference calls
    When: Second Monday of each month
    Time: 5-6pm PT, 6-7pm MT, 7-8pm CT, 8-9pm ET
    How: call 1.800.767.1750, wait to hear the welcome message then punch the code 43157#

I have never participated in one yet myself, but plan to try it this month. maybe another Vet here can post here about their experience with this and any tips etc also welcome. Based on the web site info it should be Monday Sept. 13th.. You might want to double check the link above for further info or updates

I watched the VA web site for a Sept Conf call, Nothing, so I have no idea if they are doing it every month.

How was YOUR week?

Anything new comming up at the VA or elsewhere? I get my MS care at the VA but use my medicare for my other health care needs.

lets hear from all our Vets this week, .......
    ..............that includes YOU!

Gomer

Last week

I posted about my horrid week of a 4-day migraine and my trip to the ER in last week's muster. So far, so good. I still feel a vague headache a a bit when lying down for some reason. I am sure it is muscle related.

I am having trouble with my jaw. It popped when yawning and now it hurts and I am wondering if it is just swollen still or out of place a bit as my teeth don't feel like they touch on that side in the back unless I bite down really hard and that hurts.

I'd like to see my Chiropractor, but they are an hour's drive away. I stuck with them as they are a young couple with a family and they are the only ones that have been able to knock out some of my headaches occasionally. I am sure they could fix my jaw.

Otherwise, just taking it easy this weekend as much as possible. I slept late yesterday and today. Yesterday we went to the Tunbridge World's Fair, which is the BIG THING around here. It was very crowded, hot and sunny, so I didn't stay very long.

Today we are taking my SO's 85 year old father to his birthday Brunch at Trader Dukes in South Burlington. He like the Brunch there. I hope it isn't too crowded. His dad is a WWII vet and half deaf and won't get hearing aids, so talking in a crowded restaurant is difficult if near impossible. But, he likes to be treated.

That's it so far!

Comment

I'm playing Rx Limbo this week.
      Sometimes it seems that the one person who has cog fog worse than me is my Neuro.
      The Rx on my Beta ran out a couple of weeks ago. Flash back to last month when Neuro says "You're doing really great on Beta. It looks like I need to extend your Rx before it times out."
      Right.

Comment

That, and I need to set up an appt. for another eye exam and visual field.
        I'll need to co-ord this with the DAV because they always dialate my eyes. Even when they say they won't and I drive to the appt. Want to make the effects of ON worse? Get your eyes dialated.

PS- Hey Mods, for those of us who have a hard time completing a paragraph before our train of thought gets de-railled - is there any way we could get an edit button?
        A Vet's sub-forum would rock, but an Edit button would make a great Xmas gift.

Comment

Bob698

I know what you mean about that dilation! I drove anyway. That really sucks. I wore my darkest sunglasses and was driving at night! I know, bad, bad, bad, but you don't always know if they are gonna do that to you.

Good luck with the tests. I hate them! I hope you get your neuro straightened out and call in some meds. I make the pharmacy mad when I do that as they like to mail everything, but hey, if it is an emergency need, they better give it to me at the window!

Comment

Salute !

Thanks sparky
            I am using cell phone so more later
            Gomer

Comment

Well, woo hoo, whoopie, and what ever it is those Army types say.
              Thanks for the new sub forum, guys. It will make it a lot easier for other Vets to find answers.

My Beta finally showed up today. This one went right down to the wire and I would have had to skip a shot tonight.
              Otherwise, still trying to set up the optical appts they want me to do but finding it very tough to talk to any humans.
              Note to self, do not call again at 10 AM. :coffee break:

Comment

Study

Hi all, I just wanted to share this with you. I recieved a letter from the VA today. It says that they are inviting me to participate in a M.S. study. It's associated with impaired venous drainage of blood from the brain. hmmm. wasn't there a European Dr already doing that? I'm glad that my particular VA is doing this study and I'm willing to particpate in the program. Any thoughts?

Comment

The blood supply thing sounds interesting. For the last 3 mo. I have had no pulse or blood pressure in my left arm but the arm and hand both function normally.Of course, it couldn't be a blocked radial artery. Must be the MS.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbadan View Post
                    Hi all, I just wanted to share this with you. I recieved a letter from the VA today. It says that they are inviting me to participate in a M.S. study. It's associated with impaired venous drainage of blood from the brain. hmmm. wasn't there a European Dr already doing that? I'm glad that my particular VA is doing this study and I'm willing to particpate in the program. Any thoughts?

CCSVI Chronic Cerebro-Spinal Venous Insufficiency.....

Go to search... "CCSVI" lots of info on venous drainage...
                    Mike
                    DX age 36

Comment

Working...
                    X