Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back

I've posted in here once before...

But after a few (ok 2 years of back and forths and a pcs move) my dr has made a "clinical diagnosis" of MS. My Neuro at our last duty station thought the same thing so it doesn't shock me much.

I am not here to debate the disease (don't mean to sound harse but in my last thread I felt very .... excuse me, ive lost the word but people just where telling me I need more opinions and I have trust in my dr, espescially when this is the second dr to say the same thing.)

I am going to the Mellen Center here in Cleveland Ohio to meet with a new Neurologist (my current one is around 73 years old so he wont be treating me much longer so I want to establish a new dr now rather than later)

My current dr is talking about BG12, curious as to thoughts on this?

My husband is an active duty recruiter in the Navy. I am a mom to a off the walls energetic 5.5 yr old boy which sometimes boy can it take its toll on me.

I am a VERY patriotic person and want to send a shout out to all the men and woman here who have served in the armed forces, thank you very much from the bottom of my heart, any family members affiliated with them, god bless you as well! Not always easy keeping the homefront going!

Any other spouses going through this? Now that I have my Diagnosis I guess I have to do the EMFP program, does it matter that my husband is planning to get out of the navy in 15months though?

Also if thiers any thing to add any info to share material to read anything please do share! Would love to make some connections with people who go through the same or similar things I am going through sometimes it seems like a bit much to always be burdening my husband with.

Hi NavyWife...

Good to see you over here

IMO family members also support their country by supporting their spouses so you belong here.

My husband doesn't get on these boards, but he was a military spouse and I was AD Air Force. I had my 1st symptom (vertigo) in Sept 2009. It went away and I moved on. Then in April 2010 it came back with a vengeance. Needless to say, I was officially diagnosed in Mar. 2011 with RRMS. I have a list of symptoms, but they matter not as its MS. My husband has been my rock since the onset.

As for BG-12 (tecfidera) I think you go with what your physician recommends. If you and they feel that's what's best, that's what I would go with. If you compare side effects to the other DMDs that gave been "tried and true" I think you'll see that BG-12 has the lesser amount and will likely keep you more compliant with a drug regimen.

It's always important to trust your doctors, afterall, they are the ones evaluating and diagnosing you, not the people in the forums. There is a lot of great information on here, but the participants here aren't physicians and if they are, they are not yours. Trust yourself.

Even with 15 months, yes, EFMP is required. It doesn't hurt anything. I'll be anxious to hear about your visit at the Mellen Clinic, they are supposed to be world reknowned for their work in MS. Check my profile for my email if you want to take this off the boards. I'm medically retired now so I'm available.

Take care.
    Melissa (dx. 3/22/2011)

Comment

Working...
    X