PVA vs Private Attorney??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PVA vs Private Attorney??

Oh the joys of being in the state that ranks DEAD LAST in care of vets...

Of course the VA denied my claim back in Oct. I talked with my (oxymoronic term) PVA rep and reqested BOTH a hearing and appeal. He (PVA) said the request letter was sent to VA Oct 31 1012.

I checked recently and the VA says there has been NO request for appeal or hearing, either one, let alone both!
    I am loosing faith in PVA, not that I had much based on my experiences anyway.

I have been cleaning some of the clutter (the way things are going I may need to move to a car again in a couple years) and ran across a letter and notice to report (VARO RATING EXAM) from April 1987... yes have had problems w/this issue for decades. Back then I knew nothing about what to do or even ask for, and NOBODY was helping or on my side. I do remember that I was rated 100% unemployable, but not a dime or any help beyond marginal health care at best.

The VA Dr. suggested I use a cane, but not given even a cheapo stick, the VA Dr. was aware of my extreeme fatigue and that I complained "something else" (which turned out to be MS) was wrong. Even the shrink I was sent to noted I was not even depressed, just "adamant" about something else being wrong and not showing up on testing (no neurological testing what so ever either, they simply dismissed (and totally missed) on diabetes) Instead of testing they just gave me B12 to help.

I am considering seeking a private law firm or attorney, due to lack of confidence and/or trust in the PVA. I did see an add on TV once and read of other going that route. Does anyone here know much about such or have any experience with this????

Thanks for any help or even words of wisdom.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Gomer,

Do you have a DAV office there? I have had some luck with using the one here for my claim and you don't even have to join or pay for their help.

They always get the paperwork sent in and also send me a copy of the forms when they send them in.
    Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Comment

12/2008 - 11/2011 DAV did nothing for me. Changed to PVA. 11/2011 - 01/2012 yields the sought after rate increase. It's not the organization, but the work ethics of those working the claims.

I changed to PVA because they are more in tune with my PPMS issues than DAV.

Scope
      DX with PPMS since 2010

Comment

Working...
      X