Got the results of my C&P exam for PTSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the results of my C&P exam for PTSD

I actually got it from the MyHealthVet site. One thing that confuses me at first is that they included the Mental Heath Exam but not of the other C&P exams I they did. I have no idea of why that is since it is usually harder to get mental health records than other medical records?

First off the doctor said I have service connected chronic PTSD. Depressive Disorder NOS, and Cognitive disorder NOS due to MS.

But she also said that my PTSD can make the cognitive problems worse so I think that gives me the in for my MS being a secondary condition for service connection.

She gave me a GAF score of 55, what ever that means.

She also stated that you can't diferentiate what sysmptom are caused by what as there is significant overlap between the DD, PTSD, and Cognitive problem.

It was also noted that I have a DX for Anxiety Disorder NOS. from my current shrink.

For social & occupational impairment she put reduced reliability and production. There were only 2 groups with more impairment than what she selected.

The only thing she put that I really disagree with is that she indicated suicidal idealation. When she had asked me about suicial thoughts the only thing I told her was that when my legs are hurting really bad I wish I could some how get them cut off.

Now hopefully they won't wait another 2 years to make a decision on my claim!
    Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Nice to read about your progress..signs of HOPE, I hope!

At least things seem to heading in a better direction. I know its tough when you ahve to battle multiple health issues then have to battle VA_ILIATH (ya know that huge figure/beauracy) as well.

Best wishes and hope you get the proper care you need and deserve!

My Dennis slay the VAliath at last, or at least get the VA on the ball.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Thanks Gomer! But I am still not holding my breath as to it doing any good.

In 2010 they gave me a Mental C&P which the doctor said I have S/C PTSD but they denied my claim on the bais of no new information provided. This doctor said the only thing she could figure for them denying my PTSD then was that there was no evidence of Agent Orange exposure. HUH?

I'm still fighting to get all of those doctor co-pays reembursed to me. It amounts over $2500 that they owe me.
      Two set of 3x per week for 3 weeks PT at $50 each ($900)
      4 visits to get my torn cartillage fixed in left knee (They kept insisting that my right knee had arthritis so surgery would not help). ($200)
      seeing VA Neuro every 3 months for almost 5 years ($800)
      Seeing Vanderbilt Neuro every 6 months ($400)
      Seeing PC every 3 months. ($180)
      And that doesn't even count the numerous trips to the ER and other doctors I have seen.

When I last talked to them about this they told me to not pay anything on what I owed them for recent visits/medications as they would put my account on hold for 30 days while they figured things out. So what do I get yesterday in the mail? You guessed it another bill from them where they charged me interest and administrative charges because I had not paid them.

Thanks again Gomer!
      Dennis

Comment

It took them almost a year to finally reimburse me for my copays, they sent it in 7 or 8 checks and it was all that I figured minus 20 or 30 so I took what I got and decided it was worth the time or trouble for that amount. Good Luck getting yours
        Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
          It took them almost a year to finally reimburse me for my copays, they sent it in 7 or 8 checks and it was all that I figured minus 20 or 30 so I took what I got and decided it was worth the time or trouble for that amount. Good Luck getting yours
          When I talked to them they said I would get my money in about 8 weeks. I sure don't beleive that though. I've been lied to too many times by the VA.
          Dennis

Comment

More or less told me the same thing, I ended up having to ask for manual audit of my account as they said said some of my ms drugs (ampyra) wasnt for my service connected problem. I started chasing this $ when I first rcvd SC and didn't get it until over a year later when I went to 100%. I will warn you to watch out as they will take $ out of your SSD money if you get it, if you don't pay it and they do not have a hold on collecting it. The problem I had was getting a detailed record of what they had and had not approved, they sent me a list but there was no way to reference it to payments made so it was useless.
            Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
              More or less told me the same thing, I ended up having to ask for manual audit of my account as they said said some of my ms drugs (ampyra) wasnt for my service connected problem. I started chasing this $ when I first rcvd SC and didn't get it until over a year later when I went to 100%. I will warn you to watch out as they will take $ out of your SSD money if you get it, if you don't pay it and they do not have a hold on collecting it. The problem I had was getting a detailed record of what they had and had not approved, they sent me a list but there was no way to reference it to payments made so it was useless.
              I already know about the SSDI thing as they have tried to do that on me in the past. They had sent me a bill for over $1K which of course I didn't have that kind of money. So I started paying it off each month. After 3 months of this they sent me a letter saying they would take the money out of my SSDI if I didn't pay it off immediately. So I was force to take the last of the money in my IRA out to pay it.

I have noticed that their statements are totally unreadable. Every once in a while I will get a statement from them with a charge for over a year earlier. Of course there is no way to know if they are charging you again for something you already paid due to the way they do the statements.

Medicare statements are just as bad. Last summer I had to go to the local ER due to a bee sting. When I got the statement for Medicare it said the hospital total bill was $15, BUT the hospital could have me pay $135 to cover my deductable.
              Dennis

Comment

nice to see the VA down there cares as much as ours here in Canada I gave up worring about going for a PTSD claim they said not enough info to prove it was duty related go figure. I can only imagion having to prove yours.

Hopfully you will get some good news stay strong

Comment

what is used to see if you have ptsd?my 1st shrinka told me i had ptsd. my experiences were not from war, but hazing and just being trained as a killer at 17. the marines r good at that. thinking back i had no problem with it, but when dealing with people, slamming doors and yelling set me off..i guess also the fact that my list of diagnosis is ptsd, generalized anxiety, psudobolar effect, and ms who really knows whats going on.lol
                  i have my claim in to the va, my rep said that it should come up for review in september. how can they put a date on it?
                  don

Comment

Originally posted by bentvalve View Post
                    what is used to see if you have ptsd?my 1st shrinka told me i had ptsd. my experiences were not from war, but hazing and just being trained as a killer at 17. the marines r good at that. thinking back i had no problem with it, but when dealing with people, slamming doors and yelling set me off..i guess also the fact that my list of diagnosis is ptsd, generalized anxiety, psudobolar effect, and ms who really knows whats going on.lol
                    i have my claim in to the va, my rep said that it should come up for review in september. how can they put a date on it?
                    don
                    Don,

I'm not exactly sure what you were asking in parts of your post but I will try to explian thing in reference to my PTSD and the VA.

I filed for my PTSD and other problems back in June of 2008 with the VA. Not all of my PTSD comes from war experiences. These include assult by several sailors while I was standing watch in a medical holding barracks, the ship I was on being fired on by a shore battery, and picking up the bodies of dead pilots from the sea. It is actually the assult that gives me the most problems as far as PTSD symptoms which had nothing to do with a war.

I didn't win my appeal for the PTSD until this Febuary. As a result they paid me back pay to June of 2008 on my claim. Now that I finally have the S/C for my PTSD the VA hass finally scheduled me for an appointment with the PTSD at the VAMC. This will be on the 15th of this month.

I hope this helps answer your questions.
                    Dennis

Comment

Glad to hear you are getting positive results...

I am about ready to give up here. Need to deal (fight??) w ins co over house robery.. and too many other problems.
                      Expenses keep escilating and overall things going down hill faster than I cna keep up.

Too much to deal with here, so may need to cut back on my battles, health adn other wise. I may even drop or greatly curtail my activities here..web access problems,, hrs to just get on and read sometimes.......

Gomer

Comment

Working...
                      X