New PVA rules for membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New PVA rules for membership

just heard today of some changes made at the PVA for membership, they are as follows:

VA ID card or DD 214 is needed. The change allowed for the VA ID Card to be used as verification of service.

Probably the biggest change for MS patients is that now the disease must affect the spinal cord. That is a change from what was the previous requirement of a MS diagnosis only.
    Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

? Where did you hear this?

Comment

An update from a board member of our chapter, sounds as though once you are a member you are ok , this is for new members, if your MS is affecting one or more of your legs or arms that should qualify you.
      Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

My MS does affect both my legs and hands, mostly legs. I do have a lesion or 2 around C5-C6.

I don't bother with the PVA chapter meets, they seem nice. It's a long haul for me, gas ain't cheap.

Most are confined to their fancy VA issue power & sports chairs and I just feel a bit out of place, I was never able to play sports except bowling and had to give that up decades ago, fell down too much, plus I can still walk some. (It's just me, not them.)

Comment

Working...
        X