Not sure what to do. Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what to do. Any Ideas?

Today I got a package from the VA Appeals Management Center reguarding my disability claim. Basically it is a request for more information to determine SC. This is in the form of letting them know every doctor and hospital I have gotten treatment for these issues since I left the Navy 39 years ago.

Background:

The remaining issues for my claim consist of the following items.

Left knee disability
    Right knee disability
    COPD
    IBS
    CAD
    Sjogren's syndrome
    PTSD
    Hypertension

The knee problems I have I have linked to the Sjogrens as I was treated in the Navy for the same knee pain I have as one of the symptoms for this is joint pain.

The IBS, CAD. & Hypertention I have linked to my PTSD. This is that the trouble I have dealling with stress due to the PTSD makes these other issues worse.

The COPD is due to breathing of asbestos, acid fumes, and smoking which was promoted when I was in the Navy. I did not smoke before enlisting.

In the remand back to the VA by the VLJ specified that the VA was to schedule C&P exams for each of these issues and also told the VA they are to get the records from when I was given SSDI back in 1989.

In theis letter they stated that SSA for the records from when I got SSDI and that this would take several months.

But here is the first rub. In the remand order the judge ordered that the C&P exams where to happen only after they had received both the SSA records and the information from me. Yet today I was notified that three C&P exams are scheduled between Dec. 1 and Jan 8. So they are not following the Judges orders.

Secondly the last page of the letter I got today is a VCAA Notice response that I am given only two choices to select.

1) I have enclosed all the remaining information or evidence that will support my claim, or I have no further information or evidence to give the VA to support my claim. Please decide my claim as soon as possible.

2) I will send more information or evidence to the VA to support my claim. VA will wait the full 30 days from the date of this letter sent with this notice before deciding my claim.

It seems like either choice is cutting my own throat for a favorable decision in my case especially since they said earlier in the letter that they won't get my SSA records for several months.

So should I contect my DAV rep about them not waiting until reciept of my SSA records before scheduling the C&P exams?

Should I go out to a Civilian doctor to get referals to other doctors to maybe support my claims?
    Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Sailor...CALL your DAV rep ASAP!

I am not sure what to make of it.... The VA seems to make conflicting statements all the time. Based on your letter there is only loose vs loose, however I often wonder if the VA can read or write simple basic Anmericanese, let alone English of any flavor.

In my own denial letter from the VA they both claimed I had diplopia BEFORE boot camp and at the same time claimed I do not currently have diplopia, even tho I am wearing prism glasses from the VA for it. My diplopia went from just horizontal to BOTH horz and Vertical, much worse, while on active duty.

Good Luck!
    (Q? are you in the Nashville/Davidson cty/Murfreesboro area?)

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Originally posted by gomer View Post
      Sailor...CALL your DAV rep ASAP!

I am not sure what to make of it.... The VA seems to make conflicting statements all the time. Based on your letter there is only loose vs loose, however I often wonder if the VA can read or write simple basic Anmericanese, let alone English of any flavor.

In my own denial letter from the VA they both claimed I had diplopia BEFORE boot camp and at the same time claimed I do not currently have diplopia, even tho I am wearing prism glasses from the VA for it. My diplopia went from just horizontal to BOTH horz and Vertical, much worse, while on active duty.

Good Luck!
      (Q? are you in the Nashville/Davidson cty/Murfreesboro area?)

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot
      I am about 2 hours SSE of Nashville. Makes for a long trip to get my health care. My Ex was from Michigan and I spent many a summer around Traverse City. What part are you in?

It was the same with my knees. In the denial letter for that they acknoledged I had treatment for my knees but they are not service connected.

Since my initial post I found out the 3 C&P exams that have been scheduled are Eye Clinic, Medical Resident, and Mental Health.

The Med Res is the same place they have sent me 3 other times for my knees so I figure that is for them yet again.

The mental health is for the PTSD and I'm not really worried about that since the last time they had that done the doctor said I was service connected with severe PTSD symptoms.

The Eye clinic has me scratching my head though. Yes Sjogrens does cause dry eyes, but it is an auto immune disease and diagnosed by rhumys. Yes aren't I luck having 2 autoimmune diseases.

Nothing for COPD as ordered.
      Nothing for Cardica problems as ordered.
      Nothing for Bowel problems as ordered.

One other thing I forgot to mention. The VA was also to suply me some documentation on how to prevail on toxic chemical exposure claims which of course they have not sent me yet.

Good luck on getting your eye claim through.

Q: Are we suppose to get reembursed for the co-pays we made during our fight for are disability claims? since 2008 I have paid the VA over $2000 in co-pays for medical appointments.
      Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Comment

Working...
      X