Disability compensation award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disability compensation award

Got my disabilty compensation award letter for tinnitus (10%) yesterday and saw this morning the the back pay check was mailed today. How nice to get this news on my birthday! This lifts a great weight off of my shoulders as for the last few years my expenses have been more than my income (~ $20/mo) and my mortgage is going up by $50 as of Dec. 1. Now all I have to do is make it until I can get the rest of my issues rated as SC. Hopefully that won't take another 4+ years.

One this that has me confused is in the attachment called the disabilty compensation award attachment Imprtant Information. Specifically the section about dental treatment.

It states that I could get dental treatment if I am 100% SC or if I am 100% Individual Unemployable. Does anyone know anything about this? I am in serious need for a lot of dental work due to my Sjogren's Syndrome which is one of the issues I have been fighting for SC. I have been fight for this basically in order to get dental but if I can get the dental the way this reads I may just drop that issue.
    Dennis

The soul of a song will lift your spirits.

Sorry I can't answer your question on the Compensation Award but wanted to say, "Happy Birthday". I hope you get treated to something nice and of course, eat lots of cake!
    Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

I was rated by the VA decades ago as unemployable, but dental as far as I know is still not available for me, HERE.

Congrats on the SC, every little bit helps.

I have SC hearing loss and tininitis but denied for the 10%???

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Don't think about VA dental services a lot.
        Its a very narrow scope as to who gets them. If you were a POW or stepped on a land mine, that pretty much covers it.

Yeah, I know what they say but the reality with dental is that if they offered it to us, they would have to offer it to everyone.

Meanwhile, get on direct deposit. It makes life a lot easier and the VA is phasing out paper checks.

Comment

Sailor- Congrats and Happy Birthday !!!!

Gomer if the VA said you were unemployable why are you not getting 100%? what was it based on? I am 100% based on unemployability, but 70% SC,

Bob- my VA gives complete dental if 100% or your dental problems are causing other health issues., yes they are back logged and it takes a while but you will get it, I am getting bumped up do to infections in my gums which can cause problems considering I am on Tysabri and JCV+. My teeth got fried when I had cancer radiation treatment for tongue and neck cancer which isn't SC nor did I step on a land mine.
          Plan for the future, but not too hard; it’s not your decision anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Scooter24 View Post
            Gomer if the VA said you were unemployable why are you not getting 100%? what was it based on? I am 100% based on unemployability, but 70% SC,
            Scooter I may be able to give some insight on that. When I was reading about the unemployable stuff on the VA web site it said that in order to get 100% disability for being unemployable you need to be at least 70% SC and you also have to apply to get the upgrade to 100% for being unemplyable. If Gomer has not met these requirements that would be why he isn't 100% now. But they also said something about if you aren't 70% SC they may still give you the 100% rating in some cases.
            Dennis

Comment

yep you are correct I forgot about that part, though PVA rep told me they would award at 50% also under certain circumstances.

Comment

Happy Birthday and congratulations on the partial award. I wish you a speedy conclusion to the rest of your disability rating.

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It is appreaited especially since no one in my family bothered to wish me one.
                  Dennis

Comment

HAPPY B-DAY SAILOR..belated

Sorry no candles.......
                    Been a busy weekend here so not watching the web as close.

I know with all the crapola its hard to keep on keeping on with the VA stuff. They make is so absurd (& hard) so we will just toss in the towel and give up, they win we loose.

The VA is kinda like stupid, can NOT be cured, but maybe we can win a battle once in a while....maybe?

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

Guess i am blessed because the VA always gets me in when i need to get in and i also know a guy who the VA built a custom scooter for so he can drive it on the beach..

Comment

lovejoy U R blessed.........

Oh my VA
                        might get me in, then do little or nothing when needed, Especially urology. Two other VA docs sent me to urology TWICE, nuttin either time, total waste. Little over a week later I am at St Jo getting a on the spot instant self cath lesson (& supplies & Rx) & asked to go to ER (I refused).

I got the needed testing there the VA was not about to bother with and had my surgery to fix a stricture a little over a month ago. The problem should never have been allowed to go on so long. Maybe my kidneys would be in a little better shape had they gave a hoover.

I think a lot depends on WHO runs the VA in any area and also the personalities of the care givers etc. The person in charge usually sets the general tone for the underlings.

Gomer Sir Falls-a-lot

Comment

It just seems that each VA facility handles things differently, My infusion nurse put in for a dental referral for me about a month or 2 ago, had my appt on friday and they are starting to work on me this week and should be finished by mid feb. I have heard of people waiting for 1-2 yrs to get into the dental clinic if at all.

Comment

the "Battle" is in your mind, thats were you win or lose. A great book by a great man Zig Ziglar called "See You at The Top" shows you how to be that winner, nit a whiner lol

Comment

Working...
                            X